Come Back Home

Chaeyoung still does not say a word since they walked out of her house. She also lets Jungkook to keep on holding her hand till they reached the end of the neighbourhood. Jungkook knows Chaeyoung is uncomfortable and so, he asks her if she is okay.

Only at that time, Chaeyoung takes her hand away from him and he says sorry for it. "It's okay.", she replied. "Thanks.", she added but Jungkook reacted like he does not understand what she meant. "For what?", he asked.

She just shook her head and asked him why he said he is her boyfriend. Jungkook chuckled hearing the question. "I had to do it or I'll not going out to eat with you today.", he answered simply.

After that, Chaeyoung asked him if he really want to eat again after just ate at her house. He nods with his face full of hope. "Okay fine. Let's go.", she said before walking to the bus stop at the end of the road.

******

They arrived at a place quite far from the town and looked like a village to Jungkook. He does not see any food places around and he asks her where they are going to but Chaeyoung just tells him it is a secret.

After almost 15 minutes of walking, they arrived at a restaurant on the roadside. Jungkook stops as he sees the restaurant in front of him. When Chaeyoung calls him, he runs to her.

"We're gonna eat here?", Jungkook asked. "Yes. Just sit. I promise you'll never regret it.", she said. Jungkook then, takes a seat facing Chaeyoung and a waiter came to them.

"What would you...oh gosh! It's you, Chaeyoung!", the waiter said excitedly jumping. Chaeyoung smiled at her and stood up to hug her. Jungkook looked in bewilderment. After the tight hug, Chaeyoung releases her and introduces her to Jungkook.

She was Chaeyoung's senior since elementary school and also the daughter of the restaurant's owner, Kim Jisoo. "Hi, I'm Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you, Jisoo.", Jungkook said with a smile.

"Oh... he's your boyfriend is it, Chae?", Jisoo asked jokingly. Chaeyoung pinched her arm a bit for teasing her like that. "Oh, anyway. What would you like to have? I'll tell my mom to make the best delicious one for you guys. Then, we can chat.", Jisoo said enthusiastically.

Chaeyoung ordered everything as Jungkook said he will eat whatever she chooses for him and then, Jisoo left to the kitchen area. She said loudly to her mom that Chaeyoung is there and she greeted them for a while before continuing her cooking.

"She's not just your senior, she's your best friend is it?", Jungkook asked when Jisoo left to help her mom. "Yes. Even though she's 2 years older than I am, we're very close.", Chaeyoung said. "Until you have to move to the city?", Jungkook guessed.

Chaeyoung can only give a nod to the question as she remembered how hard it is for her to leave the place where she was born and had lived since then.

******

After they are done eating, Chaeyoung asked Jungkook to follow her somewhere with Jisoo guiding them both. Chaeyoung is truly missing the village so much that Jungkook does not sighs or feel annoyed that she wants to walk around the village. He just follows as he has intended to make her feel happy going out with him.

******

They went to the high school where she studied at and met her favorite teacher who is now the principal there, also went to the beach and Jisoo's house.

That evening, Chaeyoung goes to visit her mom's graveyard and Jungkook leaves her alone as she asked him to. He stayed with Jisoo somewhere far so that she can have some time alone with her mom. At that time, Jungkook realizes that she is living with her step family now.

"Omma, it's me, Chaeyoung. I'm sorry I didn't come for so long. You must've missed me, isn't it?", Chaeyoung said in front of the gravestone that has her mom's name carved on it. Her tears have filled up her eyes as she tries not to let it out.

"I miss you, omma. Very much.", she added and her tears finally falling. She remembered 10 years ago when her mom died. Her mom, Park Yejin was on her way back to get home when a drunk driver drove onto her crashing her head so hard. She died at the scene.

******

"How did her mom died?", Jungkook asked Jisoo while looking at Chaeyoung who is walking back to them.

"She died...in accident. A car crash.", Jisoo answered slowly.

As Chaeyoung gets closer to them, Jungkook shows a soft smile at her. "Sorry, guys. I made you wait.", Chaeyoung said to them. "You okay?", Jungkook asked and Chaeyoung nodded. "I'm fine now.", she told them.

******

After saying farewell to each other, Chaeyoung and Jungkook gets into the bus leaving Jisoo. Along the way back, Chaeyoung keeps quiet and just watches out of the window. Jungkook tries to speaks up but he declines. He decided to let her be and only watches her over.

******

They walked to her house in a very silent atmosphere as Chaeyoung still does not say anything making Jungkook getting worried of her. He then, walked pass her and stood in front of her making her stopped walking. She asked him why he did that.

"Are you okay, Chaeyoung?", he asked with arms crossed. Chaeyoung eventually gives a smile at him but he does not believe it that he shook his head. "Trust me, Jungkook. I'm okay. I'm actually happy that I got to go to where I was living before. I got to see the village again, meet Jisoo unnie, walk around, and meet my omma.", she proclaimed.

"That's all?", Jungkook asked. Chaeyoung asked him back what did he mean. "You're happy for all that but...what about going out with me, that's not a happy one is it?", Jungkook asked in detail making Chaeyoung chuckled. "I'm happy for that too. Come on.", she said when Jungkook made a face like he is pouting.

They continue their walk till they reach Chaeyoung's house. Jungkook walked her till the door and before he can say anything, the door is opened. "You're home, Chaeyoung.", Jooyeon said while hugging her in a sudden. "Where did you two go? And...how did you go?", she asked while looking at the road seeing no sign of vehicle parked.

"We went somewhere fun. We took a bus to get there.", Jungkook answered in Chaeyoung's behalf with a smile. 'Oh' is all Jooyeon replied before pulling Chaeyoung inside. "Thanks for today, Jungkook.", Chaeyoung said before Jungkook take his leave.

As the door closed, Jungkook stopped for a while as he read Jooyeon's mind just now. "She thought I'm not rich because I took Chaeyoung out by bus, huh? Fine, you'll see what I have the next time I come.", he said to himself.