Insecureness

Jungkook came to the café and sit at the usual place near the entrance door. He ordered for a chocolate waffle and chocolate drink before watching over Chaeyoung who is busy working. She saw him when she brought his order and smiled at him. But, he does not give any reaction to it.

Chaeyoung felt weird but she brushed it aside as she is still in her working hours. After she had finished and changed her clothes, she looked for Jungkook but he was not there anymore. Then, Yeri came to her and said that Jungkook has left.

She got weirder with his attitude and so, she ran outside to find him. When she looked at the way she usually goes home, her shoulder is patted from behind and there Jungkook is. "Yah, what's wrong with you today?!", she asked angrily.

Jungkook chuckled at her and then, his face turned sour again. She asked him again in a calmer way as she is getting scared of him. He crossed his arms before speaking up. "I'm like this because of you.", he simply said. A frown is formed on Chaeyoung's forehead as she does not understand what he meant.

"You didn't reply any of my texts last night.", Jungkook said with a pouting face. So, Chaeyoung hit her head with her mouth opened wide. "I... purposely did that. Hee.", she said. "Why?", he asked with dissatisfied look. "I want to see if you can be patient with me. Because I don't like to rush things out. Furthermore, we knew each other for a short time. So...I need to know you more. Like how patient are you, how caring are you...", she said before Jungkook puts his finger on her lips signaling her to be quiet.

"You have to be punished for ignoring my texts.", he said. "But...", her words were cut again. "No buts. Follow me.", he said before Chaeyoung told him to wait. She took her phone out and did something with it before Jungkook asked her what she did.

"I've replied both your texts.", she said with a smile. He then, took out his phone that rang two short sounds. He took a glance at her before opening the texts.

'There was a letter in it but I think you already read it. 😉' - a reply for the first text he gave her.

'Good night to you too. I dreamt quite nice last night. 😄' - another one for the second text he sent her.

Jungkook cannot help from smiling that Chaeyoung knew she has made him stop pouting with her. "But you're still getting a punishment.", he said before pulling her hand to follow him to his car that was parked a bit far from the building.

******

Jungkook drove Chaeyoung home after having a dinner date together at a fancy restaurant somewhere far from her house. She was worried but Jungkook assured her that Jooyeon will not be scolding her if she said the right thing.

He wanted to walk her to the door when they arrived but Chaeyoung did not want it. She said that it is good enough that he had drove her right in front of her house and told him to leave. However, Jungkook started to make his pouting face again and so she cajoled him by promising that she will take him somewhere he never goes to the next time they date.

He started smiling back but he held it before asking for a kiss from her. However, Chaeyoung disagreed and gently hit his stomach for being such a playful with her. "Yah, I'm only like this with you. Not anyone else.", he said while rubbing his full stomach. "Give me a kiss or I'll be disappear for a long time.", he added with a threat.

Chaeyoung shook her head as she does not believe what he said. "Hey, I'm serious. I'll be gone for some time. It's not a lie.", he said. When she asked him where he wants to go, he said that he will be going on a working trip for a while. He also told her that he might be away for a week.

Listening to it, Chaeyoung's face turned sad. Jungkook realized it and he clapped his hands in front of her face. "Cheer up! I'm still here.", he said before chuckling at her reaction. "That's why I want you to kiss me.", Jungkook said with a grin.

Chaeyoung leaned her face on Jungkook's chest instead for a while. She knew she would be missing him because she has started to like all the things that he did for her from the first time they met. Jungkook let her be in that position for a while as he understands how she feels.

After a while, she looked up at his face. "You will contact me even if we can't meet, right?", she asked. Jungkook smiled at her with a nod. "Of course I will. You don't have to worry. I'll call you every day before sleep and after you wake up.", he said.

Her face brightened up smiling at his answer. "I'll be waiting for it.", she said. "Of course you have to wait. But...right now I can't wait.", he said suddenly making Chaeyoung's face turned 'what did you mean' kind of look. Jungkook pointed his finger on his lips asking her to give him a kiss.

However, she hit his hand gently and declined to kiss him. She waved him goodbye quickly before walking away. But, it was just for seconds as she walked back to him who is still looking at her, a bit puzzled that she turned around. She pecked his cheek briefly before running away to get to the door.

Jungkook was startled but he felt happy at the same time. He touched his cheek that she pecked until he got into his car. "She's unpredictable sometimes. But, I like it.", Jungkook said as he started the engine.

******

Jiwoo barged in to Chaeyoung's room and yelled at her for what happened to her mom. She asked angrily what did she do with Jooyeon that she does not scold her a lot like before. However, Chaeyoung's answer was not what she expected.

"Is it wrong for her to change a bit? Maybe you should change too.", Chaeyoung said. Jiwoo gulped as she cannot believe that Chaeyoung dared to say like that to her. "She became like that after meeting your so-good boyfriend, did you know that?!", she asked.

"So what? You want to say it's all his fault? I don't think so. Maybe you should ask your mom what made her changed. She has the answer, not me.", Chaeyoung said before going out of her room. Then, she saw Jooyeon was at the stairs going up, maybe about to see what happened between her and Jiwoo.

"Omma, look at that insolent kid!", Jiwoo said as she walked to Jooyeon with her hand pointing at Chaeyoung. However, Jooyeon just told her to brush it off and went to her room instead. Jiwoo got annoyed with it but she let it be for the moment.

******

When Chaeyoung gets ready to sleep, she remembered the quarrel she had with Jiwoo just now. She suddenly thought of what actually changed Jooyeon's view on her. Maybe Jungkook was involved in it but how? How exactly he made Jooyeon became a little less cruel on her? And for a moment, she got scared if Jungkook was not like what she thought he could be.