Wrong Timing?

"And today... I'm officially missing you...", Jungkook looked at the kitchen and saw Chaeyoung was cooking something while singing a song. He decided to startle her from behind so he quietly took one step to another until he reached her who is still engrossed in her little karaoke and..."Peekaboo!!", he said close to her left ear.

She flinched as a reaction to it before she looked at him with annoyance. "Kookie... you're so mean.", she said before focusing back on what she was doing ignoring him behind her. He chuckled at her reaction as he saw her pouty face. Then, he widened his arms around her and hugged her slowly from the back.

"Babe, I'm cooking here.", Chaeyoung said to him as she was tasting the seaweed soup she made. "I know and I think you're almost done. Hmm?", he asked as he eyed the soup that is famously known as a 'birthday soup'. Chaeyoung kept quiet and just nodded to him in response.

"Chae?", he called her name to get her attention. "Hmm.", she replied instantly. "That's...a birthday soup. Who are you making it for?", Jungkook asked in confusion shown on his face. However, Chaeyoung did not answer him as she took a sip of the cold water she prepared for herself.

Jungkook stopped hugging her and tried to see her face from the side feeling curious. She saw how his face looked like so she smiled at him before she speaks anything. "It's for you, Kookie. I know your birthday has passed but I didn't get to celebrate it with you then, right? So let's have a little celebration tonight.", she said as she pecked his cheek.

"Oh, how did you...", Jungkook could not finish his words as Chaeyoung interrupted it with giving him his necklace. "I'm sorry I looked at it again. Actually, I saw numbers in your picture in the locket before but I didn't ask you what those numbers are. But now I know.", she said while Jungkook took his necklace back.

He almost forgot too that his sister and his own birthdates were written in the picture. He literally forgot about his own birthday and have not celebrated it for a long time. It can be said that he never celebrate it after he became a vampire.

"Whoa, thanks, Chae.", he said in a half surprised way. "Don't thank me, Kookie. I didn't do much though. But I'll try to get a cake for you. It should be delivered in 10 more minutes.", she said as she looked briefly at the clock on the wall.

Chaeyoung put the soup into a big bowl and put it on the tray before going to the dining table. Jungkook followed her smiling as he did not expect her to do those things for him. He lost words to say as he felt touched by her surprise that night.

But, little did she know that he has a surprise for her too. A surprise which may not be as good as she has for him. When he watched her preparing the food on the table, a double knocking sound was heard so Jungkook went to the front door to open it.

Chaeyoung thought it was the cake deliveryman so she beat him to get to the door and opened it. As it was opened, Chaeyoung saw Mino and Irene out there while Jungkook tried to smile like he knows nothing.

"Cake delivery.", Mino said as he showed a box of cake in his hand with a smile. Irene also smiled awkwardly before adding, "We met the deliveryman so we think it's okay for us to take it for you." Chaeyoung fixed her gaze on Jungkook who came beside her with an awkward grin.

"You didn't ask them to come to make me drink the potion, right?", Chaeyoung asked him. "Maybe... I did.", he replied and Chaeyoung quickly left them as she locked herself in the bedroom. Irene and Mino exchanged look before both of them turned to Jungkook.

"Is this a wrong timing?", Mino asked. A sigh is all Jungkook could express as he nodded. "She was going to celebrate my birthday. A belated birthday. And I want her to be human now. I'm so stupid.", Jungkook cursed himself for what he did. "So she's still doesn't want to change?", Irene asked.

Jungkook nodded to the question. The three of them knew why Chaeyoung did not want to drink the potion. It was because she felt guilty for not getting both of the bottles of potion. She felt like she did not deserve to be the one drinking it since she went to get it for Jungkook. So, she wanted him to be the one drinking it.

However, Jungkook did not want to because he knew the ritual is painful and he did not want her to experience it. Now, he made the wizards who kept the potion come to try to coax her into doing what she did not want to do.

******

That's all for now. Thanks for reading this part, my dearest readers!! See you later! 😊