Her Condition

Jungkook goes to the café Chaeyoung works at to surprise her but he was the one surprised when he got there. Yeri came to where he sits and told him that Chaeyoung is on leave that day. When Jungkook asked her why, she told him that Chaeyoung got a fever.

Therefore, Jungkook dashed out of the café and goes to Chaeyoung's house. He has not spoken to her for two days because he wants to surprise her with his homecoming. But now he regrets his decision to do that. He scolded himself until he got to the front door of Chaeyoung's house.

When he wants to knock on the door, someone from inside has already opened it first. Then, Jungkook saw the person he misses the most right in front of him. He looked at her who is holding two big black plastics of trash in her both hands. She looked so weak that she doesn't realize Jungkook at first.

She looked like having a tough time taking out the plastics as she looked down to them. Only when she managed to hold the plastics, she looked up and met Jungkook's eyes. "Oh, Jungkook.", that is all came out of her mouth before she suddenly fainted right there and then.

Jungkook grabbed her arms just in time before she fell her head front first. "Chaeyoung!", Jungkook called her name as he looked at her face. She is unconscious so Jungkook quickly put his hands behind her back and carried her in bridal style into the house.

Jiwoo saw Jungkook from the stairs and asked what happened to Chaeyoung. Then, Jungkook stared at her sharply making her stopped when she is just one more staircase to reach the first floor. Jiwoo asked why but Jungkook just keeps quiet as he put Chaeyoung down on the sofa slowly.

He laid her in lying position and covered her legs with his jacket since she is wearing a short pants that just reach her thighs. Then, Jungkook goes to where Jiwoo is and said that he wants to take a blanket for Chaeyoung. Jiwoo gives way for him and looks at the opened door.

Seconds later, Jungkook comes down and told Jiwoo to clear the trash from the door. Jiwoo glared at him but eventually does as he said after that. Jungkook put his jacket at the corner of the sofa after putting blanket on Chaeyoung's body.

He touched her forehead which is so warm making him worried of her. "Where's your mom?", he asked to Jiwoo when she got back from outside. Then, Jiwoo told him she went out to buy things at a supermarket.

Jungkook keeps on glaring at Jiwoo making her questioning his look on her. "Did you make her do those things even though she's sick?", Jungkook asked as he pointed out at the trash bin outside of the house.

Jiwoo denied by saying Chaeyoung was the one insisted to do so. Jungkook knew she lied but he holds his anger to himself. Then, he told her to go buy medicine for Chaeyoung while taking out his wallet. But, Jiwoo said no since her mom is going to buy it.

And again, Jungkook glared at Jiwoo as he stepped closer to her. She takes a step back as she is intimidated by his action. "Do you guys really care about Chaeyoung? She felt so fucking warm and you only buying meds for her now?!", he shouted.

Jiwoo was about to say something but he stopped her. "Tell me the truth. She hasn't eat anything and not taken any meds yet, right?", Jungkook asked with his sharp eyes watching her.

It made Jiwoo got so scared that she averted her gaze to the floor. "It wasn't my fault. I just got back from somewhere. My mom is at fault for not buying her medicine earlier.", she said while almost crying. She went back upstairs right after that.

After 10 minutes of waiting by Chaeyoung's side, Jungkook got up from the floor and saw Jooyeon holding some plastics of things she bought. "Annyeonghaseyo!", Jungkook said as he came to help her with the plastics.

She is a bit surprised to see him but she tried to act cool. "Jungkook-shi, when did you get here?", she asks. Jungkook smiled as he told her he has been there for almost 30 minutes.

When they got to the kitchen, Jungkook asked her if she bought medicine for Chaeyoung. He also told her that Chaeyoung fainted when he got there. Jooyeon made a surprise look but Jungkook knows she is not so surprised actually.

Jooyeon then, told him the medicine is in her bag and took it out. Jungkook grabbed it from her and thanked her before going to Chaeyoung. He has put a wet cloth on her forehead but he knows that is not enough. She needs to take medicine too.

Jungkook was thinking whether to make her drink now or wait until she wakes up. Then, Jooyeon comes to the front and told Jungkook that she will make Chaeyoung take her medicine when she wakes up later.

However, Jungkook does not trust her. He cannot leave if that is what Jooyeon wants. Therefore, he suggested to her that he will stay and look out for her for the moment. Jooyeon is a bit taken aback but she does not know what to say other than agreeing to him.

Because of that, she lets Jungkook stay there at the living room and goes upstairs. Meanwhile Jungkook goes back to sit on the floor while his hands hold on to the sofa Chaeyoung is lying down. He brushed her hair that covered her face and stroked her cheek gently.

"Wake up please. I miss you, Park Chaeyoung.", Jungkook said as he laid his head near her arm. He stayed like that for hours until he fell asleep there.

******

Chaeyoung opened her eyes slowly and touched her aching head. Then, she felt something heavy on her other hand and saw Jungkook. She tried to move her hand but it is harder than she thought.

"Jungkook? Hey, Jungkook. Wake up.", she said as she patted his shoulder lightly. She still feel very weak so she does not have the energy to make herself louder. She just keeps patting him until he woke up and looked at her.

"Oh, you're awake. Hi, Chaeyoung.", Jungkook said as he rubbed his eyes and waved at Chaeyoung. He looked like a kid that Chaeyoung giggled at his reaction. She then, asked how long has he been sleeping there.

Jungkook took a brief look at the wall clock and puts up three fingers at her. "Three hours?! I passed out for that long?", Chaeyoung asked him as she got up from lying down.

Jungkook nodded before telling her to not move a lot. Later, he takes the medicine on the table and gives two pills to her. But she refused as she said she needs to eat something first. Therefore, Jungkook stood up and said that he will cook something for her.

Chaeyoung stopped him because she does not want to burden him but he insisted. He even said that he will carry her to her room if she stops him. Because of not wanting to be carried, she keeps herself quiet as she looked at Jungkook going to the kitchen.

Few minutes after that, Jungkook came to her with a tray of rice and chicken soup. He sits next to her and feeds her. She refused to eat when he put the spoonful of rice in front of her because she wants to eat by herself.

But after he reminded her of being carried, she lets him feed her like she is a kid. Then, Chaeyoung looked around for a moment which made Jungkook asked her what is wrong.

"No, it just...feel very quiet. Where are mom and Jiwoo?", Chaeyoung asked. Jungkook told her that they are upstairs and then, he opened the TV. He asked her to watch the TV with him to distract her from talking about her step family.

Honestly Jungkook hated them for treating Chaeyoung badly. It is hurting him inside that Chaeyoung still regards them as family after everything they do to her. If he could, he wants to take Chaeyoung away from them.