Chapter 39- Mrs. Parker, Room 111

• Dedicated to The Creator of Spongebob Squarepants

                                                     Chapter 39- Mrs. Parker, Room 111

                                                        Date: Tuesday, August 29, 1966

                                                                       Time: 6:04AM

                                                                     MICHAEL'S POV

"But Joseph," I whined, "I don't wanna go! C'mon, school is a whole seven hours! Can't I stay home and watch TV?"

Joseph shot me an evil look. "Michael, you have been out of school for two months! It's time to go back. And you have a better teacher this year, if I'm not mistaken?"

I had to find an excuse. There was no way that I wanted to go back, not today. "But...," I paused, trying to think of an excuse. Then, one came to mind, albeit petty. "But it's my birthday! C'mon, I'm eight today!"

Joseph's eyes blazed with ferocity. "Yes, and big boys can go to school all on their own! And isn't Kayla supposed to come with you? She does nearly every day, doesn't she? And hey, what about Milford?"

"But I don't wanna go!" I screeched. I didn't want to go. However, after I saw Joseph's big, tough hand raise to smack me, I obeyed. "Fine," I muttered, "I'll go to school... but only to get away from you, you big meanie-"

When I saw his hand aim for me, I dashed out the front door without breakfast. To add extra effect, I imagined leaving little speed tracks in my trail. If only I could...

I figured that I'd grab something at the corner store with my three cents. Maybe I could try out those sticky buns for once or something. After all, it's my birthday. I may not celebrate it, but I can celebrate every day like it's my last, right?

Before going anywhere, though, I waited for Kayla, as I always go to school with her. I knew she wouldn't be long, either. After all, she takes only about ten minutes to get ready. She's a speedy one...

However, after I realized that Jermaine was out before her, I knew there was an issue. I had waited fifteen minutes outside, without any waking sign of Kayla. The lights in her house were all out, no one seemed to be about... and there was no sound at her house.

Okay, I knew that was strange. Little Charles was always a handful in the mornings, whenever somebody woke up. He would normally whimper after he woke up. It was almost a sign as if he were still getting accustomed to the harshness of morning. He sure was a strange little one.

Then again, I was not one to speak. Little Janet was just as noisy, in her own way. She liked to talk... a lot. And, of course, she couldn't really say much of anything yet, so normally, we would hear thing like, "Bluh, bluh, blughee" or such. It was really adorable at times, but when oseph was in one of his fits, her input didn't lighten the mood.

I finally gave up on waiting for Kayla after Marlon walked out of the house. I figured that if she was taking this long, then she must be sleep walking. Even though I fetl a little guilty about leaving her to herself, I had to go. I certainly didn't want to be late on the first day of third grade!

Third grade is for big kids...

The guilt somehow vanished when I found myself in the corner store. Licking my lips, I looked along the candy aisle for something to eat. Seeing that today was my borthday, I figured I could celebrate by eating a Reese cup. After all, who doesn't like candy?