Chapter 1- New Years Day

                                                              Date: Friday, January 1, 1966

                                                                       Time: Midnight

                                                                      MICHAEL'S POV

I hugged Marlon and Kayla into one big huggy mess. Then, I turned to my two sisters and plopped a big smooch on their cheeks. I ran up to Mommy and Joseph and hugged them lightly. I shook hands and pat the backs of my other brothers.

"It's a New Year, it's a New Year," I chanted, scooting my feet to my song, "It's a New Year!"

"New Years also mean time for rest," Joseph said, killing the fun.

"Aww," Marlon complained, "Joseph, can't we just stay up a little bitty bit longer? Just to see some more of the-"

"No, it's bedtime!" He called. "Bye, Kayla!"

Kayla gave a sad face, for she didn't want to go. However, she huffed a little, and shouted a huge goodbye to everyone.

There were several responses of 'Bye' and 'See ya' and other things across the room. I chose to be different by shouting, "Toodle oodle oodle oooo!"

Kayla giggled a little at me before heading out.

"Okay, okay! Time for bed!" Joseph barked, shooing us Jacksons into our bedrooms. La Toya, Randy, and Rebbie all slept out in the living room, we older Jackson brothers got a room, and Mommy and Joseph got a room.

I moped over to Joseph. "Now, why can't I-"

"Shut it!" he yelped, his eyes angry. "Get to bed!" He pointed a finger.

I rolled my eyes a few times at him before walking off into the room. He always has to ruin the fun...

I climbed into the bunk that Marlon and I share, and took the outer side this time. "Night, bud," I told him.

"See ya when the sun shines," he said, and rolled over.

This was the beginning of a brand new year, filled with promise and hope...

Promise and hope!