Chapter 17- Daydream Flashes

                                                      Date: Wednesday, March 25, 1966

                                                                     Time: 5:53PM

                                                                    KAYLA'S POV

"Sugar pie, honey bunch," Jermaine belted, with the brothers humming in the background. Marlon and Michael were dancing and snapping their fingers to the beat, and Jackie was softly hittting his tambourine to the beat. Tito was playing his guitar very well.

Speaking of Tito, I noticed a few things. One, since I can remember, his guitar skills have only gotten better and better since the start. Really, he was doing fabulous. He almost played on a professional level (and you have to remember, this kid is twelve years old. Twelve!).

The other thing I noticed wasn't quite as good as the first. He was getting moody, very moody. Just as Jackie gets out of the phase, Tito flies in. And he was probably twice as bad as Jackie was. And Jackie, well, was bad

Needless to say, I was a little frightened of Tito. Okay, maybe a little more than frightened.

Jackie, on the other hand, was much nicer than when I first met him. We were finally breaking out of the 'acquaintance' shell, and really talking. I think I could finally say that Jackie and I were possibly friends.

Marlon and I... well, we've pretty much been friends for a long time. The same goes for little Randy.

Jermaine... I don't really think that I've ever really been close to him, which is sort of disappointing. I really want to be friends with him, but he ust... seems to push me out or something, especially since the beginnning of the year. Actually, he pushes both Michael and I out.

I have yet to wonder why.

Rebbie is a nice girl. We haven't socialized much, however, because of her boyfriend, Nathaniel. To be honest, I wanted to meet him. I wondered what he looked like. Hey, maybe when she has prom up at Roosevelt High, they would take pictures.

I have mixed feelings for La Toya. She is the perfect little lady and always had great manners, which I am slightly envious of. However, she tends to be rather pessimistic. She always looks on the downside, and I don't think that should be the way to look.

And Michael... well, I'm closest with him and Marlon. However, I figure that it's mistly because we are relatively close in age. Marlon is eight, Michael is seven, and I'm apparently still six. I wondered when my birthday was... hmm, maybe I'd ask Elijah sometime.

"Alright, Marlon," Joseph said, snapping me out of my trance. "Could you pick up the pace on the dance? You see, you've got to actually go with the beat." He looked up at the rest of the band. "Alright! Again! A One, a two, a one two, three!"

I have no clue what happened, but whe he shouted, 'three' to everyone, some reaction occurred within my bosy. I toppled over to the sided, off of the piano bench. My limbs went stiff, and suddenly... I blacked out.

Out of nowhere, I saw several images flash through my head. There was a photo of a lanky woman with blonde hair and brown eyes. She had a Colgate smile and... 

Lischia.

Where did that name come from? Lischia?

Another image caught my attention. This one had a man, probably in his thirties. He had shoulder-length hair and a very, very contagious smile. He seemed to be wearing some gold-colored shirt with a shiny vest. He had a skirt on, over a pair of black pants, and he was... dancing.

I had no idea what to make of that image. I sort of disregarded it.

Several like images passed through, and... I saw light.

"Kayla! Are you alright?!" Michael squeezed my head, nearly yanking it out of place.

I coughed a few times. _Agh- Michael! I can't-" cough- "breathe!"

He let go of my head. "Oh, you're up! I'm sorry." His expression turned innocent, and he shuffled his feet.

"It's...." I wheezed- "It's okay."

"What happened? Did you faint or something?" I heard Katherine's voice ring.

Even though her voice was actually giving me a headache, I answered back. "I don't know... was I out?"

"Eh, for about five or six seconds," Joseph replied, staring at his watch. "C'mon, we've gotta get working! We only have five more minutes of practice before we head into Chicago!" He clapped loudly.

I shuffled back into my place, trying to remember what I mentally pictured. Those images... I couldn't have just imagined those. I had to have seen them somewhere. Itried remembering them.

However, as much as I tried, I couldn't bring back those mental images... but I knew, somewhere deep, deep inside, that they were important... 

I had to investigate.