Chapter 25- Janet

• Dedicated to All Of Those Who Helped Me With Wattpad! You All Know Who You Are!

                                                                  Chapter 25- Janet

                                                         Date: Monday, May 16, 1966

                                                                    Time: 10:36AM

                                                                   JOSEPH'S POV

I grinned sleepily as I sauntered back into the bedroom. Oh... after working a little, I could finally go back to sleep. That is, just for a few hours. Maybe until the kids got back from school.

Before pulling the covers over my head, I snuck a peek at Kattie. I groaned under my breath. I knew that the little one was expected any day now. Yesterday was actually her due date, but I guess the baby wants to stay or something.

After taking a moment to look at my sweet Kattie, I rolled over and tried to get some shut-eye.

Just as I was dozing off, I heard Kattie stir. However, I wasn't very aware of that... until I felt the bed get wet.

And to be honest, my initial thought was that she simply peed the bed, like a dog. I was too tired to really think straight. In fact, the only thing I cared to think about was sleep...

"Unghh... huh? Oh my... Joseph, wake up! Wake up! I think-" I heard Katherine whimper for a few seconds. "We've gotta go."

I groaned. I just got comfy! "Now?" I whined.

I felt a hand slap across my cheek. "JOSEPH! Now!" she whined a little.

I moaned. Can't she just stay in for another 20 minutes? I barely had any sleep last night...

Knowing that I just couldn't win, I rolled out of bed and threw my slacks back on. "Get in the car, and I'll be out soon."

Katie didn't reply; instead, she just maneuvered from the bedroom to the hot, humid outdoors. I, as quick as I could in my sluggish state of mind, pulled a shirt over me, grabbed my wallet and some crackers, and bolted for the car.

Agh... Great timing, huh?

On the way to the hospital, I decided to crack up the car radio to make time pass. I even turned on the country music, just for Kattie. However, even her easy feel-good music wouldn't calm her down. She was still screaming and huffing and puffing and...

Needless to say, I had a massive headache. The situation made me ask God, why can't babies just magically jump out or something? It would be over and done with so much quicker...

After another ten minutes of driving and fighting through somewhat congested traffic, I found my way to the Broadway Medical Corporation, batled through some more traffic in the parking lot, and parked the car.

I unbuckled both mine and Kattie's seat belts and ushered her out of the car quickly."C'mon, c'mon...," I muttered, pushing her along. She groaned in pain as I entered the hospital with her.

Shortly after entering the building, I realized that no one was at our house. What would the kids think when they got to the house?

"Ah, hel-" I started, but was promptly cut off by doctors. "What's wrong, Mr. Jackson?"

I shuffled my feet. "Can- do you have a phone? I have to contact... um, the schools."

"Yes, I believe so, but they're some older models," the doctor sonfirmed. "If you go to the main lobby, ask the front man for the phone."