Chapter 23- Tom Cruise Comes Back!

                                                            Date: Thursday, May 7, 1966

                                                                        Time: 8:38PM

                                                                        KAYLA'S POV

Ah... there are just some times that I must say, I love being alive.

Don't you just love those amazing days where you have a break off of life, in general? I mean, not to sound lazy or anything, but it really was great. The idea of kicking bacl and chilling out with a book, and being sluggish... just once in a while, sounds blissful.

Ah, I thought, so the Mom doesn't want Old Yeller sleeping with the boys because they'll get fleas, an-

Sleeping...

I scowled at myself. Fatigue began to take over my body, nearly having me collapse on the book. "Ugh," I groaned to myself, setting the book on the coffee table. "Of course, it's one of those nights."

I heard the water in the kitchen suddenly go off. "Another what?" Elijah questioned from the other room.

"Nothing," I simply replied, "Just going to bed. G'night."

As I trudged away from the living room, I heard a ring, ring on the phone. I was about to grab it, but Elijah beat me to the phone.

As I sauntered from my spot, I heard fragments of Elijah's sentences: "Yes?... Ri- I mean... But how? No, you... do that! Why are you..."

I decided to ignore his mini-fight over the phone and get into my bed. I pulled an airy nightgown over me and crawled into bed. I was somehow able to pull the sheets over me, but the quilts... they never made it over my knees. By then, I had blacked out.

Good night...

------------

In the dream state, I opened my eyes to see both Michael and Lischia standing over me. Confused, I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

There was immediately something wrong with this whole atmosphere. The room, which was usually teal in color, was a murky shadow of its previous brilliance. Instead of taking on a triangular shape, the room was shaped like a flat tire. And the worst part? There was a beatbox in the background, playing 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' in remix.

Ugh, I thought, grimacing. Could she have worse taste?

That was when I noticed Michael's facial expression. Even though he was wearing those darn aviators, I could clearly see his frightened expression. Through the glasses, his eyes were wide in terror. His mouth was folded into a frown, and he seemed as though he was trying to say something. But... he couldn't.

 It was almost like... his lips were sealed.

It was then that I took a peek at Lischia. What I saw was more than frightening. She looked pretty normal until you saw her face. Her irises, which were usually a piercing blue, were a dull, muddled grey. And her pupils were red. Steaming hot, chile red. And the dull colors around her eyes made the whites appear 'dirty' and yellowed.

She could have beem a decent-looking Thriller zombie, to be honest. She was pretty, but freakishly scary at the same time. And her insides were rotten.