Chapter 31- Christopher

                                                            Date: Tuesday, June 7, 1966

                                                                        Time: 8:38PM

                                                                     MICHAEL'S POV

As Kayla trudged out of the house, I felt my spirits soar. Not because Kayla was gone, of course; I actually enjoyed Kayla's company. However, it meant one thing, and that was sleep. I was going through a strange spell of sleepy sleepiness, and all that I really desired at the moment was the comfort of my bed.

I turned back aorund to my brothers and patted each one on the back. "I love you, man," I told Marlon, tapping his upper back. He gave me a strange look. "You okay?"

"Mmhmm," I replied, one eyelid drooping, "just tired, you know. I'm going to bed." I giggled before waving goodbye at everyone.

As I turned around to go to bed, I couldn't help but notice Jackie exchange glances with Jermaine...

But I didn't pay too much attention to that. To be honest, I was surprised that I could pay a lot of attention to them in the first place. I was feeling very drowsy...

I sauntered into the bedroom and took off my shirt. I replaced it with my night shirt and threw myself on the bed. Oh yes, it was time for some good old sleep!

Sleep... what a wonderful word. Justt listen to the pronunciation. Even the sound of the word is peaceful...

Sleep.

-------------------

When I woke up, I was no longer in the space of teal. Instead, the pretty ocean-clear color had been replaced by a vivid, rich forest green. The triangular shape of the room had also been substituted for an irregular pentagonal figure.

There was even a little evergreen tree in the corner of the room, as an accent. Nice.

I sat up, taking in the atmosphere. I nodded and tapped my chin every couple seconds, as if I were judging the room. However, I was actually wondering where the heck I was.

And then I remembered: Lischia has been replaced. But by whom? I still had no answer to that question. 

"Hey, Michael!" I heard Kayla call. I looked behind me and found Kayla only ten feet away. She was sitting on the floor, too. She seemed to have been doodling on the floor woth some chalk-like substance. The photo she drew almost looked like the Loch Ness Monster, but I decided not to say that. If I was wrong, Kayla may lash back.

Actually, she probably wouldn't. She's not one to do that. But she'd definitely give me a dirty look, or even smack me lightly.

"Hello, Kayla. Have you see anyone yet?" I questioned. I scanned the room one more time before she answered.

"Gee, I don't think so. However, I did notice someone's Superman-style jacket over there." She pointed to the back of the room. Sure enough, there was a little cape of blue. However, instead of a big 'S' emblazoned onto the cape, a 'C' was embroidered onto it. The end of the cape was also similar to the forest green of the room.

As the two of us were staring at the mysterious cape, a voice came from behind us. "Ah, there it is! Man, it's been a while since I've seen that!"

I turned around cautiously to find a man in front of me. He was fairly tall, maybe 6 feet, and looked like a young Steve Perry. However, I couldn;t really notice his features, as I was focusing on his incredibly wide, toothy smile.