We're Vampires Chapter 30

I wake up with a pain in the back of my head. I see Carlisle and Esme stand up quickly and come towards me. 

I move backwards, and I feel tears sting my eyes as I remember what they said in my dream. I scoot back on the bed, and my back hits the wall. 

Tears stream down my face. They step backward, and Esme looks like she wants to cry, but she can't. 

" Can I talk to her? " Edward asks. Carlisle nods, and leads his wife out of the room. 

Edward walks towards me. I calm down. He won't hurt me. Will he? He didn't in my dream. 

" I won't hurt you Madison. No one here in this Cullen household will hurt you. Not now, not ever. We love you Madison. You make our life complete. You make our house fun and joy filled. We love having you live here with us. I love having you as a little sister. " Edward says moving towards me slowly. 

I try not to cry, but don't succeed. I burst out crying and shaking. Edward hugs me tight. I cry into his shoulder, soaking his shirt. 

" It's okay Madison. It's okay. Calm down. " 

" I-it was horrible. Y-you died. Y-you tried t-to protect me. " 

Edward rubs my back and I start to calm down. 

My sobs turn into whimpers. 

" Look. " Edward pulls me away from him. " I'm still here. I'm still alive. See? I'm fine. Just fine. " 

I hug him again. He lets me hug him for a minute. 

" You know what we are Madison. " I nod, and then stop. 

" Wait. How do you know I know? I mean, It's not like you can read my mind or anything. " I say chuckling a little and rolling my eyes. 

" I can. " I stare at Edward. 

" What? " 

" I can read what your thinking. Think of something right now, and I'l tell you what your thinking about. " 

I think of Valarie, Justin, and Elizabeth. 

" Your thinking of Valarie, Justin, and Elizabeth. " 

" How? What? Huh? " I'm so confused. 

" Your confused. " He sighs. " I can read your mind, because...why don't we go downstairs so I can explain everything to you. " I nod and follow him downstairs where everyone is. 

I'm still a bit nervous, but more embarrassed then anything. 

I sit down next to Edward. 

" I'm sorry everyone for the way I was behaving. Please forgive me. " I say looking down, as a blush creeps up my cheeks. 

" You were scared. It's okay. We know you were just scared. " Esme says looking a bit nervous. 

Edward wraps an arm around his wife. " So. Madison. Long story short, we're Vampires. All of us. well, except you. " 

" So you drink blood? " 

" Yes, but not human blood. Animal blood. That's why we have golden eyes. If we were to drink human blood, we would have black eyes. " Carlisle says. 

" Okay. As long as I won't become a meal anytime soon, I think I'm okay now. " 

A few of the Cullen's laugh.

I turn to Edward. " So. Eddie boy. You said something about you being able to read minds. " 

Edward rolls his eyes at the name. " I can read minds. Some Vampires have gifts. Alice can see bits and pieces of the future. Jasper can read emotions. " 

I turn to Jasper. " I am so sorry! I must have driven you crazy with all of my emotions. I drove myself crazy! " 

He smiles at me. " It's okay. I kinda got used to it. " 

I blush and look down. " Sorry. "