Smiling like crazy Chapter 15

Esme's P.O.V.

I kissed my new daughter on the head. She struggled to keep her eyes open. I felt as she relaxed in my arms. 

" Goodnight honey. " I whisper

" Goodnight Mama. Goodnight Daddy. " Madison whispers back. She probably doesn't even know we heard. Carlisle and I break out in a big smile. She called me Mama! She looks so peaceful and calm. Her bruises are still healing, but she looks like an angel. One of my little angels. I look around the room at all of my kids. I love them all so much. 

" I'm going to take her to bed. " Carlisle says softly careful not to wake Maddie up. 

" Okay. " 

Carlisle slowly pulls Maddie out of my arms and carries her upstairs. He is still smiling like crazy.  All of us are. We all heard her clearly. She called me mom and Carlisle dad. I'm so happy. We finish watching the movie and put on another one just as Carlisle returns. 

Carlisle P.O.V.

I watched as my little girl fell asleep in my wife's arms. She yawns and her eyes droop. 

" Goodnight honey. "  Esme whispers to Maddie. 

" Goodnight Mama. Goodnight Daddy. " I feel like I won a prize. This kid has been through so much, and she trusts us. She called me daddy. I want to be the best dad and role modle I can for her and the others. 

" I'm going to take her to bed. " I say quietly.

" Okay. " Esme says smiling at our little girl. 

I carry Maddie upstairs to her room. I tuck her in and kiss her forehead. Maddie. My sweet Maddie. 

" Goodnight. " I close her door and head downstairs.