CXXXV. Poor Guy, His Mom's Being An Asshole

"So, anybody have any summer plans?" Blaine asked. "I can't believe the year is almost over."

Thad sighed. "Probably gonna hide from my mom in my room. Er, sorry, my dad's wife. Since she insists that she isn't my mother."

"Come to my house," Jeff offered. "If you need a break, we're not going anywhere so you can just hang out as long as you'd like."

"I might just have to take you up on that."

"I'm going back to Lima," Kurt grinned. "After knocking Azimio's smug look off his face, this is gonna be real fun." Blaine laughed, wrapping his arm around his boyfriend.

Sebastian shrugged. "Going to England, some friends of my Uncle's are getting married and they've wanted to meet me for a while."

"I have a summer to-do list. It's–"

Jeff cut him off. "For the last time, David, a piece of paper with Wes's name on it isn't a to-do list."

David laughed, absolutely no shame for his previous jokes. "No, I actually do this time. It's like two pages long. Wes is only one of many items."

They all looked over to Wes, expecting to see him blushing, but he didn't even look like he was paying attention.

"Wes?" David asked. "You okay?"

"Hm?" Wes looked up at them.

"David was just making bawdy comments about you two, we thought you were listening," Jeff explained.

David laughed, looking at Jeff. "What the fuck does that even mean? Bawdy?"

Jeff rolled his eyes. "You were joking about fucking him."

"I'm just kinda stressed about the summer," Wes admitted. "I'm used to the summer with my parents, but I don't know what to expect."

"Well, what usually happened during the summer with them?" Kurt asked.

Wes looked down, playing with the hem of his sleeve. "I don't really want to talk about it."

David frowned, worried. "Wes, did they do something bad?"

"I don't know," he whispered. "I don't know what's bad and what isn't. I don't want to talk about it because I'm afraid they did something bad."

"Hey, it's okay." David hugged him. "You'll just have to pick up some new hobbies for the summers. Worst comes to worst, you might have to try some human interaction."

Wes laughed, burying his face in David's shoulder. "Oh, shut up."