XXIV. Fight, Fight, Fight!

"Where's your posse, Princess? Do they not know you're out all alone? That's dangerous for a girl, you kn-"

Hunter was cut off by Thad swinging around and punching him.

Hunter stumbled backwards. "Girl can punch. I'd fight you back, but I can't hit a girl."

"Good thing I'm not a girl, then. Come on, Clarington. Man up," Thad taunted.

"I'd beat you to a pulp."

"Prove it."

Irritated, Hunter swung at him, but Thad dodged it.

Thad punched him next, getting a clean shot at his shoulder.

Hunter swung at Thad but he dodged to the side, grabbing Hunter's wrist.

Hunter swung again but Thad dodged again, grabbing his other wrist. Hunter glanced at both of his hands, which Thad was stopping him from using.

Thad leaned closer to him. "Still think you can beat me to a pulp?" he whispered, smirking.

Hunter didn't answer.

He just leaned forwards more, until there wasn't a space between them.

He kissed Thad.

Thad was absolutely in shock, letting go of his wrists and shoving him away. "¿Qué te pasa?" he exclaimed.

Hunter didn't respond, pushing him against the wall and kissing him again.

Thad fought to get Hunter off of him, but he couldn't.

After what seemed like hours to Thad, someone pulled Hunter off of him. He sunk down the wall, pale and shaking.

"What the hell?! Leave him alone, you asshole!"

"C'mon, she liked it."

"La mentira," Thad said faintly, shaking his head.

"I speak Spanish, he just said you're lying! So leave him alone!"

Hunter scoffed and Thad could hear him walking away. "Come on."

Thad looked up, seeing Matt stretching out his hand to him. Of course it was Matt.

Thad begrudgingly took his hand and let him help him up. "Thank you," he said, making sure he said it in English. He kind of reverted to Spanish when he was panicking.

"What happened?" Matt asked worriedly.

"He was bugging me like always, so I punched him. It kinda turned into a fight and eventually I had both of his wrists so he couldn't hit me. Then he kissed me."

Matt's eyes widened. "Wait, he didn't hit you you-know-where, did he?"

Thad shook his head. "No, he didn't get a single hit on me."

"Oh, good. That could have seriously screwed up your chances of getting surgery if he had," Matt said, relieved.

That thought suddenly hit Thad like a bullet. "Oh shit, it could have. I didn't even think about that."