XII. Never Lie To A Doctor

"I hate waiting rooms," Sebastian mumbled. His leg was bouncing anxiously, just as it had that morning.

"Hey, you'll be fine," Matt said soothingly. He set his hand on Sebastian's knee, probably trying to calm him down. All he did was make Sebastian flinch violently, so he quickly took his hand away. "Sorry."

"It's okay. Just reflexes."

"Reflexes?" Matt repeated worriedly.

Before Sebastian could respond, a nurse came out into the waiting room. "Sebastian?" she called.

Sebastian stood up, turning to Matt and offering a hand.

"You're okay with me going back with you?" Matt asked, letting Sebastian help him up.

Sebastian gave him a half-hearted smile, clearly terrified. "Someone has to keep me honest."

They followed the nurse and she took them to a room, taking Sebastian's blood pressure. She frowned. "Your blood pressure is really high."

"I'm a bit nervous," Sebastian admitted.

"Is your blood pressure always that high when you're nervous?"

"Yeah."

Matt frowned worriedly. "Sebastian, part of the reason you're here is anxiety. You're always nervous."

Sebastian rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Good point. I might just have high blood pressure, then."

She nodded, handing Sebastian a clipboard. He filled out a few things, and a doctor was in soon.

He glanced between Sebastian and Matt. "Moral support?"

"He's here to keep me honest," Sebastian explained.

Matt didn't have to do much, occasionally shooting him a look or clearing his throat so he'd elaborate.

"How much would you say his words effected you?" the doctor asked at one point, about Hunter. Well, they didn't say his name.

"A bit."

Matt sighed. He knew Sebastian didn't want to explain, but he had to. "Sebastian."

Sebastian looked over at him. "Hm?"

Matt gestured to his own chest. "I think we're forgetting a certain d-word, hm?"

Sebastian bit his lip. "Is that really important?"

"It's embedded in your skin, of course it is." Matt's expression softened a bit. "Do you want me to tell him?"

"If you don't mind," Sebastian said softly.

"Of course I don't." Matt turned to the doctor. "So, there's a certain word that his ex would call him whenever he got mad. And, um, I don't quite know when, but at some point Sebastian carved it into his chest."

"What was this word?"

Matt glanced over at Sebastian. He bit his lip, pulling out his phone and showing the word to the doctor.

"You can say it, you know," Sebastian said.

"Seriously? You don't have to be bulletproof. Look me in the eyes and tell me you wouldn't start having a panic attack here and now if I said it."

Sebastian looked him in the eyes. "I wouldn't have a pan-" his voice wavered, seeing the look in Matt's eyes. He laughed, looking up at the ceiling. "Oh god, I totally would. How do you know me so well?"

Matt shrugged. "I just do," he said simply.

The rest of the appointment went well, and Matt didn't have to interrupt much.

When it finally ended and they got all signed out, Sebastian had never been happier to exit a building.