XC. Planning For Family Visiting Day

"Who here's parents won't attend?"

Matt half raised his hand. "My dad won't be here. He's... incapacitated."

She met his eyes, understanding that that meant in jail, and put his name on the list.

"Yeah, both of my parents are in prison, so..." Wes shrugged.

She marked him too.

"Ditto to Wes. Well, except one's dead," Sebastian added.

"My mom's on a business trip to somewhere, we haven't heard from her in a long time," Thad said. "My dad will be there, though."

"My mom will be there, my dad's..." Blaine trailed off, but she caught his gaze and knew what he was going to say.

"My dad will be there, my mom's dead," Kurt chimed in.

A few more people gave reasons some of their parents wouldn't be there and they were let out.

It was rather easy to tell who had questionable parents and who didn't. Some were jittery, nervous for what's to come, and others were calm.

"Smythe, Montgomery, can I talk to you both?" she asked as they were dismissed.

They both walked up to her desk, Wes looking rather apprehensive. "Yeah?" Sebastian asked, perfectly calm.

"Since neither of your families will be attending and you're both highly responsible students, I was hoping you could help us with the footage. It will be recorded to go through later, but someone needs to be watching as it happens. Most of the staff is busy."

"Totally," Sebastian said.

Wes nodded. "We'd be happy to help."