XLVI. All I Believe, Is It A Dream?

When Nick and Jeff headed down to breakfast, seeing that Blaine was already at the table.

"Hey! Is Kurt asleep?" Nick asked, sitting across from him. Jeff sat on Nick's side.

Blaine sighed, not looking up. "We broke up."

They were both in shock. "What? What happened?"

"I don't know. He's been acting strange since break started, sometimes just staring off into space and ignoring me completely. I asked him why he'd been doing it and what was wrong."

"Kurt, what's going on? You've been acting distant for weeks. What's wrong?"

He stared off at the wall, shaking his head slightly. "Just... everything. Everything with this is wrong."

Blaine felt like a bullet had hit him. "Kurt, what do you mean?"

"You can't feel it? It's... detached."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"Yes. I think I'm breaking up with everything."

Jeff and Nick looked exceedingly concerned. "Is he okay?"

"I don't know. It just happened, one day he started acting strangely. I'm terrified for him, but what can I do? He broke up with me, he doesn't want my help." Blaine looked up at them, eyes pleading. "Can you help him?"

"Of course," Jeff said immediately. "Well, we'll try. Where is he?"

"Our dorm. Thank you, guys."

They headed up to the dorm, knocking on the door.

Hunter answered it, scowling when he saw them and walking out past them. Kurt was sitting on his bed, staring down at his hands.

Jeff walked over to him, sitting on the edge of his bed. Nick did the same.

"Hey, Kurt. How's it going?" Jeff asked delicately.

"What even is 'it?' People always ask that, but what are they asking?" Kurt didn't even look up at them.

Jeff paused. "They mean life, I guess."

"Life is..." Kurt shook his head. "Weird."

"Kurt, are you feeling well?" Nick asked worriedly.

Kurt sighed. "I don't know. I feel like I'm dreaming. It's like..." he closed his hand into a fist, opening it again and flexing his fingers. "Weird."

Nick and Jeff shared a concerned look.

"Kurt... is this why you broke up with Blaine?"

"I broke up with Blaine?" His tone was still the same, scaring them. It was a simple question.

"You didn't know?"

"I'm not sure what I know anymore. I just want to wake up."