CXXIV. When You're Here, My Problems Always Seem So Small And Fixable

Matt waited for Sebastian to get back, alone in his dorm.

He knew Sebastian kept telling him not to worry, but he couldn't help it. He felt... behind. Like he wasn't as far along as he actually was.

They could nearly hear. Yet there was nothing. If it wasn't for the few symptoms he had, he wouldn't think he was pregnant.

He pulled out his phone, checking to see if Sebastian had said anything. He sighed, seeing his screen was blank.

He didn't send Sebastian a text, not wanting to stress him out.

Moving his phone away from him, he curled up in his bed. It was spring, yet he was freezing.

His eyes fluttered shut as he burrowed further underneath his sheets.

"Matt. Hey, Freckles, wake up," a voice teased him softly.

He blinked himself awake. "Bastian?"

There was a chuckle. "You're adorable. I found him."

"That's great," Matt yawned, trying to wake himself up. "You were gone a long time, I was getting worried."

"Aw, don't worry about me, love. I had to stay a bit longer because he didn't want to be alone with adults. He lost his trust in them." Sebastian kissed him on the forehead. "What'd I miss?"

"What happened to your hand?" Matt asked, seeing that it was bandaged. He sat up, gently taking Sebastian's hand in his.

Sebastian glanced down at it. "I fell, scraped my palm. I'm fine, it just stings a bit."

"Speaking of you being fine..." Matt tapped Sebastian's chest. "How's that healing?"

"I mean, I don't know what's considered good and what's considered bad, but it looks like it's healing well."

"I'll be the judge of that."

Sebastian chuckled. "Will you?"

"I want to make sure you aren't just saying that so I don't worry and I haven't seen you shirtless in far too long," Matt said. "So yes, I will."

He laughed again, pulling off his shirt. It actually did look much better; a lot of the cuts hadn't even scarred. Some had scarred but were fading.

There were seven very noticeable scars across his chest. Matt pressed a kiss to each letter, causing Sebastian to chuckle again. "You misspelled 'warrior,'" Matt said, resting his head on Sebastian's chest.

Sebastian smiled. "I've always been terrible at spelling."

"Mhm. You must be exhausted, looking for that runaway all day."

"I can tell you are."

Matt laughed softly. Everything got so much better with Sebastian. It's like he couldn't even worry when he was around, like it was impossible. "I am. Greedy child sapping all my energy," he joked.

Sebastian laughed, wrapping his arms around Matt and laying them both down. "Family nap time," he said softly, kissing Matt on the forehead. Matt chuckled, and they both fell asleep immediately.