LXXVI. Okay, He's An Ass, But He Didn't Deserve That

What did it take for this boy to shut up about Thad?

Blake was getting irritated. Could he just... stop?

Maybe... He glanced at Clarington, who had been running on the track and was changing. Maybe I could make him jealous.

He glanced over to the doorway, seeing that Sawyer was just about to look in to find him, and jammed his lips into Clarington's.

Just in time to hear running footsteps, he got shoved backwards. "What the fuck, man?"

Blake smirked, looking over at the doorway. "Thanks for that."

He grabbed his things, catching up with Sawyer. "Leaving without me?" he joked, as if he hadn't seen him.

"You looked busy." Something about this didn't sit well with Sawyer. Blake should be able to date or kiss anyone he liked, but... Something was wrong about this.

"I've been meaning to ask, have you thought more about joining the team?" Blake pulled him out of his thoughts. "You're a natural, we could use you."

"I'll do it," Sawyer said decisively.

Blake grinned. "Awesome."

The thing that Sawyer was most surprised about was that Blake even knew the boy. He had been the one who'd helped Sawyer to his classes.

"Who was that? That you kissed?"

"Oh, you saw that? I was wondering what you meant by 'you looked busy.' That's Hunter."