LII. Not Gonna Lie, Blaine's A Really Good Boyfriend

After finding out he had depersonalization disorder and getting medication for it, Kurt was soon discharged.

His vision was already slowly getting better, from a pitch black to fuzzy gray as his eyes picked up the light again. It gave him hope.

When he stepped out of the car on his way back with Blaine, he exhaled apprehensively. "Gotta love the drama mill at Dalton."

Blaine squeezed his hand reassuringly. "You'll be fine. Besides, the whole Wes thing already blew over, and he made it sound like he wanted to die in one of the articles."

Kurt snorted. "He's so oblivious. How he and David finally figured out they liked each other, I will never know."

"Steps," Blaine warned. "And yeah, I think Jeff had to bluntly point it out."

"That wouldn't surprise me. And why does Dalton have so many steps? I literally met you on a staircase."

Blaine laughed. "I don't know, but I guess we kind of have to be grateful for them."

"Jack the Ripper could have introduced us; I'd be grateful, but that doesn't mean I'd like him."

Blaine could hardly control his laughter. "I swear," he said, trying to catch his breath.

They entered the building and headed down the hall.

Kurt sighed. "I can practically feel the stares," he said quietly to Blaine.

"That's just because you're so hot."

Kurt elbowed him, chuckling. "That is not why."

"Nah, you can't see them. Totally admiring your beauty."

"You're such a dork."

"But I'm your dork. We're here."

Kurt turned towards where he could hear Blaine's voice coming from, and Blaine seemed to immediately know what he was doing, leaning in and kissing him.

When they broke apart, Blaine was about to open the door but paused. "I meant to ask, when you cut me off when we were talking about Hunter, why was that?"

Kurt hesitated to answer, finally sighing and speaking. "My dad can't know people like him are at Dalton. The people who start fights, who mock other people, who abuse their boyfriends, who never get caught, he can't know that they're still here. Dalton's... Dalton's a safe place in his mind. And it is, it is safer. But he'd pull me out of Dalton if he knew."

"He knows this is a high school, right?"

Kurt chuckled at Blaine's tone. "Yeah. Everyone here acts so civil and polite around adults, though. And he hasn't been in school in a while."

"True. Ready to deal with an extremely worried Jeff?"

"Can I say no?"

Blaine laughed, unlocking the door.

"You're back! Oh my god, I was so worried."

Kurt felt himself immediately engulfed in Jeff's hug, chuckling. "I'm fine. Well, mildly blind, but fine."

"I'm sorry, you're fucking what?"

Kurt laughed more at that. "Mildly blind, Wes. I say mildly because it's only temporary, and my vision's already coming back. I might need glasses, though."

"What happened, Kurt?" Nick asked softly.

Kurt's smile faded and he sat down on his bed with Blaine's aid. "I... Well, last time I had a kind of episode like that was when I..." Kurt gestured at his arms. "When I did that. Then it ended and it took me a while to stop. My dad found out and insisted that I should get some help, but I told him I was fine. He made me promise to tell him if it happened again." Kurt paused, a shadow of guilt on his face before he shook his head slightly and kept going.

"Anyway, apparently I have depersonalization disorder. But I got something for it now, I'm fine."

There was a victorious clap from someone in the room. "Who said it was some kind of dissociation? This guy!" The room got quiet for a minute and Kurt heard Matt clear his throat. "Sorry, that was inappropriate. Continue."

Kurt couldn't stop himself from laughing. "Man, I missed you guys."