LVIII. It's Out, But They Really Don't Care

"It's about time you guys got back," Kurt said as Nick and Jeff joined them in the dorm. Everyone else had already come back.

"We were just–"

"Don't know, don't want to know," Sebastian interrupted.

Jeff glared at him, crossing his arms. "I was going to say we were just getting fuel for the car so we could make it back, thank you very much."

"Sure, pretend you didn't have sex. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not the blind one." Sebastian smirked. "That's Kurt."

"Hey!" Kurt pointed to him. "I'll have you know that I'm not blind, I'm getting my vision back."

"You're about a foot off," Sebastian said. "You're pointing to Matt."

Kurt lowered his hand. "I'm working on it."

"When did you guys get back?" Matt asked David.

David looked down at Wes disdainfully. "When Wes was too drunk to walk. He's been out like a light since we got back."

"Someone should wake him up so his hangover is done and over with," Jeff said.

David shrugged, throwing a pillow at Wes. He groaned.

Sebastian laughed. "Welcome to your first hangover, Wes."

Wes rolled over onto his stomach, voice muffled in the pillow. "I had the weirdest dream... we got pulled over, and Thad was a chick, but like, not."

Thad looked absolutely mortified.

"Um, Wes... That wasn't a dream," David said softly.

"Sure as fuck it wasn't," he mumbled.

There was a silence. Thad buried his face in his hands.

"I'm going to murder Hunter. I'm going to actually, physically rip his face off."

It wasn't the words that shocked them. They were all thinking the same thing.

It was that they came from Jeff.

"Jeff, it's not-" Thad started, looking up.

"He's going to die tonight." His voice was full of venom, sometimes they'd never heard before.

"I'd hate for Jeff to meet my father," Matt mumbled to Sebastian, both of them stifling a laugh.

Matt was perfectly quiet. He just didn't plan for Wes's hangover hearing.

"What's wrong with your father?"

"Um, what?" David asked, confused.

Wes gestured vaguely in Matt's direction. "Matt said something about not wanting Jeff to meet his dad."

Matt shifted uncomfortably as all the attention turned to him. He couldn't lie to them. "Just... He hit me." Matt wasn't sure where it came from, but it did. It wasn't a lie.

"Yeah, um, that day Sebastian and I were arguing about paralysis but didn't explain why. He, uh, slammed me back into a wall and I was paralyzed for about ten minutes or so. Just, Jeff's showing how protective he is, I'd hate to see him meet my father. Just that."

Matt bit his tongue before he said anything else.

"Oh, my god, I've so been there," Wes half-mumbled tiredly.

"Looks like Jeff has two murders to commit," Nick joked.

Matt laughed. "Good luck, he's in prison."

"So, he murders Hunter, goes to jail, becomes his cellmate, and then murders him."

They couldn't help but laugh at that, and Thad was relieved that nobody said anything about his... situation.