Cold (Request)

I blinked through the haze as I tried to open my eyes, but it took me a while before I could see anything, even the light surrounding me. Something beeped to my left, and I groaned, hating the idea that I would have to get up to go to work when I was so tired.

"Jayden?" Niall asked frantically. I nodded, swatting the air close to me with my hand. "Can you hear me?" I desperately tried to open my eyes, and when I finally did, I wasn't in my room.

"Niall?" I called back, seeing him next to me. I was in a hospital from what I could tell, and then I remembered what had happened.

I immediately looked back to him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"What happened?" I asked, and he took my hand in his.

"You got so cold that you passed out," he sighed, and I hear my heart beating just fine. We had been hiking up a mountain near our house when a snow storm hit. He had come prepared, but I hadn't.

"I got a blip of cell service and dialed 911," he recalled, and I turned my head on my pillow to stare at him.

"Luckily they found us in time or you would have died from hypothermia," he half-scolded me, half-smiled at me. I sighed out.

"I'm sorry I scared you." He reached over and kissed my head just as a nurse walked in.

"Ah, you're awake," she smiled, getting out a needle and tube. I glanced over at Niall.

"How long was I out?" I asked, scared of the answer. If they said 10 years I would have laughed and asked where the camera was.

"Only a few hours," he shrugged, as he had to move out of the way for the nurse. She hooked me up to an IV, but the needle was hardly painless when she put it in.

I clenched my teeth together, gripping the sheets underneath me. Niall exhaled loudly.

"You could be a little gentler," he scoffed at the nurse rudely.

"If you don't like the way I do my job, sir, you can leave," the nurse spoke back. I tried not to laugh, but I smiled apologetically at the nurse. She was bothered by it.

After I began to feel the liquid inside of me, the nurse left the room.

"Niall," I sighed, shaking my head. "You don't have to be so protective of me. I'm fine."

"You don't get it, do you?" he said quietly, walking back over to sit down next to me.

He took my hand once again, lacing our fingers between each other.

"When I saw you there, cold and lifeless," he began, and I tried to put that image in my mind.

"And I was all alone in the middle of nowhere." He voice broke off as he gave me half a sob. I gripped his hand tighter.

"I couldn't begin to think about you dying. I couldn't accept it," he spoke up, his voice getting stronger and stronger.

"I didn't want you dead and gone. I don't. I love you too much to let something as stupid as the cold take you from me," he half-chuckled, and I beamed at him, keeping back my tears.

"I'll stay warm next time," I promised him, reaching up to caress his face briefly. He leaned down and kissed me, and I knew that we would probably never go hiking in winter again.

.

.

thanks to jaydenlovesniall for requesting! sorry for the wait!

but really stay warm guys (for those who are having winter right about now)

sorry for the slow updates. I'm really upset about ending this book

check the part after this for additional and important info

Mel xx