Boats (Request)

"Let's go for a ride," Niall suggested, slinging one of his arms around my shoulders. I smiled lightly. 

"Okay," I agreed, turning to look at him. "But doesn't Liam have your car?" I wondered, looking out the window of our beach house at the sun on the water. 

"I wasn't talking about in the car," he said. I widened my eyes, looking at him and catching the double meaning. We both laughed out loud at him, eventually dying down after a few minutes. 

"Just come outside," he smiled, pulling me off the couch and out the sliding door onto the porch. 

"What are you talking about, Niall?" I wondered, looking over at him as the breeze blew my hair back.

"Look, Niamh," he smirked, pointing out towards the ocean view. I searched the horizon, but then focused on something closer. A little red boat with red benches and red seats and a red little roof thing was being slightly jostled around on the water by our dock. I turned to look back at him, and he nodded, smiling. 

I got a little excited and ran down the porch steps to get to the water. 

"Is it yours?" I asked as we stood on the dock next to it. He chuckled.

"I bought it a few months ago, but I haven't been able to use it until we've come out here," he explained. I remembered him talking about him going boating with his dad all the time. 

"Can you drive it?" I wondered, wanting to climb in and disappear off to sea. 

"Of course," he smiled, taking my hand. He helped me into the boat from the dock, climbing in after me. He soon after started it up, the engine rumbling, and detached it from its hold on the dock. 

We rode out to sea, the water gently misting my face like the ocean was breathing on me. We got a good distance away, so far out I couldn't see the house or strip of land anymore. 

I stood up as the engine cut out, looking at the sunset on the horizon, clouded by the layer of fog running over the chilling sea, but only brought out by its reflection off the water. 

"Wow," he whispered right behind me. I jumped a little, forgetting he had been there for a second. 

"It's so beautiful," I gushed, not seeing something more wondrous ever again. 

"Yes, you are." I blinked in surprise, turning to look at him. And then, under the silly red roof and right in sight of the disappearing sun, he kissed me, and it ignited a fire more beautiful and more bright than any sunset. 

.

.

thanks to 1dchic2002 for reqeusting this! i hope you liked it. 

thanks for reading! please leave a comment of what you thought. if you would like an imagine, let me know in the comments as well.

i love you guys so much. like i was ranked short story 148 and fanfiction 550 this morning. i nearly exploded. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mel x