First Dance (Request)

Okay. Breathe, I sighed to myself, feeling his hand take mine. We stepped out onto the dance floor, and white-hot anxiety coursed through my veins.

"The newly-weds will now have their First Dance," someone announced. I couldn't remember his name at the moment, let alone my own. All I could remember was how I was supposed to dance with Niall in that moment.

His hand came to rest on my waist, and mine on his shoulder. The music played, and my facade held firm.

I recalled every step I needed to take, seeing as how we rehearsed about a hundred times. Our chests were pressed together, our noses brushing.

I began to relax, focusing on just Niall. He smiled, exhaling for what seemed like the first time.

"You're absolutely beautiful," he whispered beyond everyone else's reach.

"You've said a million times in the past hour," I chuckled quietly. He cracked a small smile, putting it away quickly so we didn't break character. We felt the need to be professional.

"The honeymoon will be fantastic," he whispered, pushing me away for a twirl, making my dress fly up. He pulled me back for the last leg of the song.

"I think so, too," I replied, deftly maneuvering my feet, a move which had taken me a week to master without killing the both of us.

"Your parents are coming, too," he said quietly as the song ended. I was caught completely off guard, forgetting I was supposed to step backwards.

I slipped backwards, instead, my heel catching on my train. He leaned forward to catch me in a dip, and we realized we had managed to play it all off. Our friends and family clapped, and he helped me up.

"I was joking, Margot," he laughed, hugging me. I laughed with him, quite embarrassed at what happened.

"I got that," I smiled, watching more couples join us for dancing as another song came on.

"Besides, they can't be there when we-" I caught what he was about to say, pressing a hand to his mouth, seeing all of the people around us.

"Niall," I laughed nervously, blushing. He blinked at me, smirking.

"What? I was just going to say they can't be there when we make pancakes in the morning," he shrugged, making me roll my eyes.

"It's quite private," I agreed, giggling against him.

"So is having sex." My jaw dropped, and I backed away to try not to smile, and then to hit his arm.

"It's true!" he yelled quietly. I laughed uncontrollably, falling against him and smiling into his shoulders.

"I love you," he cooed, making me start dancing again. I stood a few inches away from him, looking anywhere but his eyes.

"I hate you," I tried to frown. My smile came through loud and clear despite my efforts.

"I don't think so," he grinned, making me look in his eyes.

"And why would that be?" I asked smugly, thinking I had won.

He leaned down and pressed a kiss, long and hard, onto my lips. Such a riveting feeling coursed through me, and I knew no matter what I did, he would always win me over.

.

.

thanks to margotyeazel for requesting this! you don't know how much your comment meant to me, and i hope i made you happy

thanks for reading! please leave a comment of what you thought. if you would like an imagine, let me know in the comments as well.

I love you all so much okay yeah

Mel xx