McDonald's

I walked into McDonald's with my friend, Olivia (or any friend name). We walked up to the counter, and a woman was in front of us.

I tapped my foot, starving. I saw out of my peripheral vision two guys walk over to us. One had blonde hair, and the other curly brown hair.

The brown haired one walked up to Olivia and took her hand. I looked over at him as he smirked at her.

"Hey babe," he said softly, a drink in his other hand. I looked to the blonde one who had his back to us and was texting with his right hand, drink in his left like curly.

She jerked her hand out of his, stepping back.

"I would appreciate it if you left me alone," she said assertively. He put his free hand up to signal surrender. He started to walk past us, nudging his friend. Olivia stuck out her foot and sent Curly flying. I immediately giggled and the blonde went to help him up. I kept laughing, squeezing my eyes shut. I heard Olivia's laughter too, but then something I wasn't expecting.

I felt ice and freezing cold liquid slide down my torso and I shrieked, backing away. I saw the blonde in front of me.

"Hah, sorry," he said, not meaning it at all and still looking at his phone. I frowned and raised my hand to slap him, but realized it wasn't worth it.

"Jerk," I muttered, squeezing his staining brown root beer out of my shirt. Olivia had walked out of the store, done with this situation.

He raised his head to look at me and I did the same. His accusing eyes immediately softened when our eyes connected.

"I'm sorry," he said sincerely, reaching out to comfort me or something. I slapped his hand away and scoffed.

"Yeah, right," I said as Curly walked over. "Just...ugh," I said, starting to walk away.

Blondie grabbed my hand and turned me around.

"Let me buy you something," he said, blinking rapidly. He dropped my hand and I turned to walk away again.

I walked out the doors into the summer air and shook my head.

I noticed the absence of her car in the parking lot. I shook my head in disbelief this time.

I walked back inside and saw Blondie staring at the table he was sitting at with Curly and biting his nails. He looked up as I walked in and smiled to himself, standing up.

"Could you...give me a lift home?" I asked, a little ashamed to be asking the one person I didn't want to see. He bit his lip, but nodded immediately.

"C'mon, Harry," he said to Curly. We walked out to his car and I sat in the back.

I told him awkwardly where to go, trying to fan my shirt dry. When we pulled out, I reached to take off my seatbeat and he was opening my door for me. I smiled shyly.

I stood up and he started firing off reasons he was sorry.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't even know who you were I just knew that you were friends with the girl who tripped Harry and I panicked and did what anyone would do, but now that I've seen you you're so beautiful and I really am sorry. Can you forgive me?" His talking speed gradually slowed later on in his monologue and I could tell he was nervous.

"What's your name?" I asked, looking away. He was cute, I'll admit that.

"Niall. You?" he asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

"(Y/N)," I answered. The sun was setting behind him and I sighed.

"Bye, Niall," I said, walking up to my door.

"Bye," he smiled, acting a little more calm. I chuckled to myself.

Little did I know, that meeting was the start of the best time of my life.

.

.

I love you guys! Thanks for nearly 1,000 reads!

Dedication to mybritandirishbabes because I love her and her writing to death. So go read it!

Mel x