Thin Air (Part Two)

if you haven't read the first part, please do so.

.

My eyes popped open like I had been shook from a bad dream. I was greeted with bright lights and cold air seeping into my lungs and arm.

I blinked, trying to focus on something. I began to sit up, but the pain and source of cold air in my arm begged to differ.

I finally came to my senses; I was in a hospital bed. There was a needle in my arm and some kind of mask over my nose and mouth, feeding me the cold air.

I groaned once, feeling sore spots all over my body.

"How are you feeling, (Y/N)?" I heard a woman ask me. I glanced over at her, shrugging.

"Fine, I guess." She nodded, feeling my pulse for some reason and telling me to rest some more.

"Why am I here?" I wondered before she began to walk away.

"You didn't have enough air, so you passed out," she explained like I should have known. I thought on it abit after she left before it finally came to me.

Niall.

I blinked away the tears the best I could, but they decided to stay, running down my cold cheeks.

The way he hinted at (random girl's name), the way he yelled at me, it was all too much. I calmed myself down, saying to myself it was just a dream.

I fell back asleep.

When I came to once more, I focused immediately, seeing a figure at the back of the room. I knew who it was, I just didn't want to be believe it.

"Niall," I choked out, sitting up but regretting it.

"Relax," he urged, grabbing the remote by my bedside and sitting the bed up for me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, clenching my teeth. He backed away once more.

"I wanted to try to apologize," he replied.

That wasn't what I was expecting, I scoffed in my head.

"What?" I wondered, a little dumbfounded, making sure to keep my eyes on him.

"The whole thing, back at the apartment, was really, really stupid," he sighed, rubbing his hands over his face a few times.

"The truth is, I just wanted to make you jealous," he spoke, looking down and away from me.

"Yeah. Right," I laughed humorlessly, but it hurt my chest.

"I never did anything with (random girl's name), and I'm not breaking up with you," he admitted. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I think that's up to me," I interjected. He looked up at me.

"Oh. Uh, yeah," he sighed. "But, I thought you really did start to have something with Liam. I got nervous and desperate. I never meant for it to go this far," he explained, whispering the last sentence just loud enough for me to hear.

I was confused.

What should I do? I was torn.

"Let me think for a while," I stalled, waving him away with my hand. He nodded humbly.

"I love you, okay?" he said out of the blue. I stumbled in responding.

"Forget about all of this. I don't want it to happen again, but forget about it," I said, barely smiling.

"What?" he wondered, stepping away from the door and closer to me.

"I forgive you, Niall," I said, never regretting it.

.

.

thanks for reading! please leave a comment of what you thought. if you would like an imagine, let me know in the comments as well.

also, if you haven't already, make sure to check out my Twitter and Instagram accounts, both @MelHoran16. It'd mean a lot :D

I love you all so much!

Mel xx