Incisions (Request)

*CAUTION. Possibly triggering. Read at your own risk.*

.

I didn't even know why I was doing it anymore. The whole idea was glorified to me at the time, and I think I was just doing it because it was 'popular.'

All of those posts on Instagram made me feel like I should be doing it, too. Yeah, I had some image issues, but nothing that serious to cut myself for. The only problems I had were the cutting for no reason.

So, when Niall walked in on me one night, it went like this.

"What are you doing?" he shouted, making me stare up at him in horror.

"I was-" I started, stumbling to try to tell him what was on my mind.

"You were just stopping," he scoffed, a disgusted look on his face. He snatched the blade from my shaking fingers and made me get up from where I sat at the edge of our bed.

"Clean yourself up. Then we can talk," he sighed, pushing me out of the room and shutting the door behind me.

I quickly wrapped myself, often staring into nothing for a few seconds and thinking of what I would say.

I cautiously knocked on the door, backing away when it opened.

"Come in," he spoke quietly. I timidly sat on the bed, watching him stand in front of me and crouch down to be at be at my level.

"Why, Eva?" he asked. I opened my mouth to answer, sighing first.

"I don't know. I mean, I'm not depressed, I think I'm doing it just because," I shrugged, looking away.

"Just because," he repeated like a statement. I nodded, continuing.

"I really don't hate myself," I spoke, running a hand through my hair.

"I don't care if you hate yourself or not right now!" he exclaimed, making me shut up. I chewed on the inside of my cheek.

"What I care about are those incisions on your arm you think are okay!" he shouted, throwing a hand at me. I looked away, and that caught his attention.

He stepped closer to me again, lifting my chin to look at him.

"Hey. Promise you won't do this ever again," he spoke, his deep, blue eyes staring into mine. I nodded.

"I promise," I whispered, smiling when he pressed a brief kiss to my lips.

And just like that, like a miracle, my irrational habit disappeared into thin air, and my incisions faded into memories and regrets.

.

.

thanks to Eva_Horan1 for requesting this! I hope you liked it and I'm so sorry for the wait

thanks for reading! please leave a comment of what you thought. if you would like an imagine, inbox me the details.

and honestly this is what i was like, but i realized what she did and now i know that even me, someone who is so unworthy of glory and honor, is so much better than hurting yourself. your body is a privilege and so is your life. who knows how long it will be before the world burns? live life to the fullest

I love you, okay? you can talk to me about anything 

Mel xx