Leaving (Request) (Part One)

My fingers creased the paper in half slowly, a few tears falling in the dim light.

I didn't want to do it.

I quickly unfolded the paper once more, torn over whether I should leave it by his bedside or rip it up. My better side of me knew the right choice, and I knew I wasn't right for Niall.

I read over it for the seventh time, biting down on my lip to keep from crying harder.

.

Dear Niall,

Listen. I may love you, but I know for a fact you don't love me. You were nice enough to put up with me for these three months.

But I know how you really feel. You don't really love me, you just pity me. I can see it in your eyes when we laugh, or talk, or kiss.

I'm sorry I had to put you through all of this when you never felt anything. I tried to get you to feel something; I got you gifts, told you how I felt, helped you on one of your roughest nights. I guess none of that matters anymore. Maybe it never did.

I just wanted to say that even though my love for you was stupid and irrational in the beginning, I truly love you now. It's heartbreaking that you don't feel the same way, but that's why I'm leaving.

I'm sorry, Niall. I won't be coming back.

Ronalyn

.

My handwriting sucked, and honestly the only line that mattered was the last one. I didn't plan on coming back and ruining his life for a second time.

I folded the note for the last time, and gently set it on his bed.

Goodbye.

.

.

N I A L L ' S P O V

.

I whistled while I jiggled the keys to open the door, knowing Ronalyn would be in the kitchen, with her long black hair in a ponytail attempting to make me dinner like she always was. A smile came to my face.

I unlocked the door, noticing none of the lights were on and scrunching up my eyebrows. The sound of the rain dulled as I shut the door, and I looked around.

Where was she?

I looked in the kitchen, putting my things away and grabbing a drink. It had been a long day.

Maybe she's just out with a friend, I thought. I took a gulp out of my cup, looking around the kitchen and living room in confusion.

I started to make dinner by myself; Mac & Cheese would have to do.

As the pasta sat to cook, I walked towards our room. The abnormally blank wall caught my eye, causing me to stop. The pictures that usually adorned the corridor walls - my mom and Ronalyn, us at my concert in Los Angeles, and the lads and I surprising her on her birthday - were gone. I began to get concerned.

Something didn't feel right.

I continued to the room, and when I pushed open the door, all of the things Ronalyn owned were gone. I took timid steps inside, wondering what the heck was going on.

I flipped on the lights, bringing illumination into the room that the gloomy weather outside failed to give.

My eyes searched the room like a hawk, but only my belongings remained. I opened the closet, and it finally occurred to me that something was going on when I saw my clothes hanging all by themselves.

Wait.

I flipped around and found the note placed on my nightstand. I almost tripped as I lunged to grab it. My eyes read over the words quickly, and panic set in.

"Ronalyn!" I yelled without thought, dropping the paper and sprinting out of the room.

I couldn't let her get away. She had to know how I really felt.

Yes, at the beginning I disliked her, hated her, even. I hated the idea that Management had made me hangout with her, and she was enjoying every minute of it.

But over time, I realized how amazing she really was.

I was not about to lose her.

I ran out into the living room again, thinking I could find and stop her. I thought there was still enough time.

I threw open the front door, running down the wet porch steps towards my car.

My heart broke as I watched her car drive away in the pouring rain.

.

.

.

I know, I'm terrible. I'm sorry for the scarce updates.

AHHH! This is only PART ONE, so please don't hate me.

Thanks to jutstgottaluv_1D for requesting and giving me this amazing idea. I had to make it into two parts for it to be affective.

Thanks for reading, and please leave a comment!

Mel x