Fireworks (Request)

"I love it," I grinned, reaching over to hug him. For my birthday, Niall had gotten me a framed picture of the first picture we took together on our first date.

He hugged me back, chuckling.

"I'm glad," he breathed out, letting me go. I glanced at it once more.

"But I still have one more present to give you," he told me. I tried not to smile, wanting to tell him he didn't have to, but who doesn't like gifts?

"We'll go at ten," he announced, starting to walk off to make me dinner. I idled excitedly on the couch, wondering what it possibly could have been.

.

"Just follow me," he told me again, laughing abit and starting to walk through the dark forest. I shivered in the cool air, losing sight of him quickly.

"Niall," I almost whimpered. The rustling caused by his feet stopped.

"Yeah?" he called back. I sighed, kind of embarrassed.

"Can I hold your hand, at least? I'm scared," I answered, trying to see him through the dark. His footsteps resonated back towards me, and I blinked, frustrated that I couldn't see.

"Here," he breathed out, closer than I expected. His hand slipped into mine, and I smiled at the warmth it gave me.

We continued walking, and I wondered how he knew where he was going. Shards of moonlight sprung through the branches to my eyes, lost within the thick foliage above.

He pulled me along, not stopping for my expense. Maybe he was scared, too.

I looked into the forest in front of me, seeing his silhouette materialize. A clearing was up ahead, and I sighed in relief.

It lead to a huge field that went on for miles, and the moon was pretty bright, giving me light. I saw a small house in the distance, wondering if that's where we were going.

"Niall. What are we doing?" I wondered, feeling his hand slip from mine. He turned towards me, hoisting me up by my waist and spinning me 180 degrees. I could see the ominous forest behind him, but I smiled into his eyes.

"Does there have to be something here?" he smirked, confusing me. His eyes shifted behind me, and I was about to turn to look when a loud bang rang out.

Niall stumbled backwards, falling into the tall grass beneath us.

"Niall!" I exclaimed, searching him for bullet wounds. That's what it sounded like, anyway. His eyes were closed, and he was breathing, but there was no blood.

Suddenly, more gun shots resonated into my ears, making me lie close to him, as not to be shot. When fireworks started combusting in the sky, I stared at them, confused. Niall shifted under me, and I looked back down at him.

He took my face in his hands, kissing me and erasing all of my fears. I lost balance, falling on top of him and laughing against his lips.

"Happy birthday, Haly."

.

.

thanks to hala1197 for requesting this! I hope you liked it and I'm very sorry for the wait

thanks for reading! please leave a comment of what you thought. if you would like an imagine, let me know in the comments as well.

I love you all so much okay

Mel x