Fair (Request)

"You have to go or I'll be all alone," he pleaded, kneeling down beside the chair I was sitting in. I pursed my lips, shrugging.

"We've barely even hung out this summer," he whined, making me smile.

"When are we leaving?" I wondered, making him fist pump before answering me.

"Whenever you're ready," he replied, running off into my kitchen. I smiled lightly, closing the door to my room and getting dressed (pic on the side).

I walked back out when I was done, grabbing my phone and keys. I was about to grab some money, knowing full well we would be getting those twenty dollar wristbands instead of individual tickets, but he stopped me.

"I got you to go, so I'll pay," he smiled, shoving on his shoes. I put on mine, turning off the lights and locking the door behind me.

"So where is this carnival?" I asked, letting him drive. He rolled his eyes.

"It's a fair, not a carnival," he corrected me. He was the smartest kid in class, but he could have fun. We met in senior year and were both taking a year off before heading to college. He was pretty nice, but I didn't really know him as well as my other friends.

"Whatever," I shrugged, smiling at him.

"It's just a better suited word for it, is all," he sighed, pulling out of my driveway. "And it's in Santa Monica," he answered. We both lived in LA, and Santa Monica was maybe only half an hour away.

"Cool," I smiled, putting on some music.

When we arrived, I was pretty excited, seeing all of the rides and the ocean not too far away.

"I heard there would be fireworks when it gets dark," he said happily, walking fast to get our wristbands.

"C'mon, Hillary," he whined, holding his hand out so the man could put on his band. I was still a least two hundred yards away, taking my time.

"Alright," I shrugged, walking over and getting mine, too.

"Let's go," he smiled, starting to walk again.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked him, beginning my tsunami of questions.

"Is this like twenty questions?" he sighed, slumping his shoulders abit.

"Yes, and now you only have nineteen," I smirked.

"Blue," he answered. I perked up.

"Mine, too." He smiled.

"Ooh, look!" he yelled, pointing to a ride. It was one of those things that takes you back and forth until you go upside down. I shook my head.

"I'm not going on that," I chuckled, scoffing at him.

"Of course you are," he urged excitedly, taking my hand and pulling me along. The line had just decreased as everyone got in for the ride.

"There's room for two more," the operator told us.

"Sweet," Niall smiled triumphantly, guiding me to the middle of the car. We sat facing each other, and the ride started only a few seconds after I figured out my seat belt. His eyes met mine excitedly, and I looked away, seeing the ocean once more.

The ride began, and honestly it was loads of fun. Someone puked afterwards, and Niall stumbled as we were going back down the stairs.

"What next?" I wondered, looking around.

"Let's go on one of those lame kiddie rides so we can talk abit more," he shrugged, leading me over to a ride with giant owls. We climbed inside of them, I know, and sat across from each other.