CHAPTER 14

Jade's POV

"That's really nice, Jade. I'm happy for you", Fizzy said with a genuine smile.

We were currently in the cafe across uni where we usually hung out after classes.

I glanced at Jamie who silently sipped on his latte.

"Say something", I mumbled.

In the past fifteen minutes, I had narrated the entire events of yesterday which were exchanged between Dax and I.

Fizzy smiled occasionally, but Jamie kept a straight face and didn't speak a word.

I kind of think he secretly dislikes my Dax.

"Well, if you've talked about this with him and you think he's really genuine, then I guess it's fine", he shrugged his shoulders.

It's fine?

"That's all you have to say?", I blurted out and his head snapped up to meet my gaze.

"Congratulations!", he exclaimed with a fake smile, making me roll my eyes.

"Jamie, do you dislike my Dax?", I asked and his eyes widened.

"No, I don't. It's just that, I don't really get it why he would think of marrying you after meeting you just twice. It doesn't make sense", he waved his hands frantically.

"Not everything's supposed to make sense", I said and he looked taken aback.

Well, isn't this how you talk when you're supposed to be in love?

My phone went off, indicating a new text.

I unlocked my phone and a wide grin spread over my face.

Dax: Hey, Muffin. I'm taking you out for dinner tonight. Be ready at 7 x

"If it isn't lover boy", Jamie whined and I glared at him, making Fizzy giggle.

My phone rang in my hand and I glanced down to see Dax calling.

I placed a finger over my lips, motioning for Jamie and Fizzy to stay silent and answered the call.

"Hi, my Jade", he said, making my smile grow wider.

"Hi, my Dax", I said and I could tell he was smiling.

Jamie just rolled his eyes and continued sipping his latte, while Fizzy looked at me dreamily. 

"I'm taking you on a little date tonight, muffin. Be ready at 7, I'll come get you from your home", he stated.

"But, you didn't ask me if I want to come with you", I smirked.

"Oh princess, I know you definitely want to come", he chuckled.

Damn, his level of confidence. 

"I guess you're right", I smiled.

"Yes darling, I'm always right", he said in a dreamy voice.

"Alright, I'll see you later, my Dax", I spoke, not knowing how to reply to his previous words, or if I had to even reply to it or let it go.

Damn, I over think.

"Bye, my Jade", he said before hanging up.

"Well, well, well, looks like lover boy is taking his princess on a cute little date", Jamie cooed and I just rolled my eyes.

"I smell jealousy", I spoke and he waved his hand dismissively. 

"We should go shopping!", Fizzy squealed and I glanced at her.