CHAPTER 20

Jade's POV

A week had gone by as we prepared for our engagement party which would be tomorrow.

Dax insisted that we go out on a date tonight because he wanted some time alone with me before we went public at our engagement tomorrow.

So, here I was all dressed up in the red gown that Dax had bought for me. My hair straightened to perfection and my make up on point.

All thanks to my Fizzy.

"The boy's gonna have trouble controlling himself tonight", she giggled as I smacked her arm lightly.

Currently, Dax was driving me to an unknown location because he wanted it to be a surprise, of course.

I looked at him as drove down the streets.

The lights on the street illuminated his face making his gorgeous face brighten and his suit clad figure made him look like the world's strongest man.

"Like what you see, muffin?", he smirked as I immediately turned around to look out of the window and hide my embarrassed face.

A few more minutes of comfortable silence later, we pulled up in front of a secluded area.

Dax got out of his seat and helped me out of mine.

We were at a beach.

"Welcome to our private beach", he said as he pecked my cheek.

"A private beach, of course", I muttered and he chuckled.

"Well, I know how much you love the oceans. So, I wanted to take us out on a little oceanic date", he spoke as he took his hand in mine.

"Oceanic, is that even a word?", I laughed and he shrugged.

"Wait till you know what I mean", he mumbled.

He lead me as we walked towards the shore where an elegant yacht awaited us.

He helped me climb the yacht and managed to steer it and drive into the oceans.

I looked above us as the moon shone its light over the ocean making it glisten and look like sparkling water.

I turned around to see Dax smiling at me.

"This is exactly what I meant when I said oceanic", he said and laughed towards the end of his sentence.

I laughed and walked towards him.

"I didn't know that you knew how to drive a yacht", I said as I looked at how effortlessly he moved us farther into the ocean.

"I've been doing this for the past six years. I go out into the ocean whenever I need to clear my head. This is my secret place which no one knows about. No one but you", he said as he took my hand in one of his.

He lightly kissed the back of my palm.

After driving for a few more minutes, he anchored the yacht.

"Come on, let's enjoy our date", he said as he took my hand in his.

He lead me towards the upper deck of the yacht and I was taken aback by how beautifully it was decorated.

A candle lit path lead to a neatly set table for two near the railing as it over looked the glistening waves.

He slid his arm around my waist as we walked down the aisle with the aromatic candles leaving me in another trance.

He pulled out my chair and helped me sit.

Finding a champagne bottle from a table nearby which was occupied with containers of food, he walked towards me and popped it open.