CHAPTER 23

Jade's POV

I shut my locker and hurried towards the exit with a huge grin spread over my face.

"Slow down, girl. Prince Charming isn't running away", Jamie chuckled as he tried to match my pace.

"I'm having trouble coping up with your speed", Fizzy spoke out of breath.

I abruptly halted as I reached the entrance of the campus.

From where I stood, I could see Dax and his Ashton Martin, looking like a model of a Vogue shoot.

Wait, am I obsessed with Vogue?

"There's Prince Charming", Jamie said as he halted next to me.

"Off you go, Princess", Fizzy cooed and I rolled my eyes.

"Bye guys", I said as I briefly turned around to look at them and then back at Dax who had spotted me by now and had a huge grin over his handsome face.

"Bye", they chimed together and I kept moving forward.

"Hey muffin", he slid his arms around me and pulled in for a deep kiss.

I was surprised at first, but then wrapped my hands around his neck and deepened the kiss.

After a while we pulled away and I looked at him.

He had a smirk plastered on his face.

"What was that about?", I asked and his eyes moved to something behind me.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw a group of guys awkwardly staring at us.

"Well, let's just say that the world needed to know that you're mine and that's just what I did", he spoke in a deep voice and pulled me in for another kiss.

I pulled away when I was out of breath and had the biggest grin spread over my face.

"Is your name Daxton Possessive Langford?", I asked as I sat in the passenger seat of his Ashton Martin.

"Nope, but I'm starting to think it should have been", he winked as he buckled in his seatbelt after making sure I had mine on.

He laced our hands together as soon as we pulled away from my college.

"How was college today?", he asked as he glanced at me, kissing the back of my palm.

"College is as boring. All I did was study because there are barely four days until my exams", I groaned and he chuckled.

"How was your day at work?", I asked as we halted at a red signal.

He turned to look at me, my hand still laced with his.

"Work kept me really busy today, but I couldn't stop thinking about you in between my hours of work", he said as he caressed my cheek with his other hand.

He leant forward and I closed my eyes.

And suddenly a loud sound erupted making me jump slightly.

The person in the car behind us had honked because the signal turned green.

"Come on, why do I always have bad timing?", Dax groaned in frustration making me laugh.

.

.

.

Walking inside the Langford residence felt different than how it felt the last time I was here.

Probably because I saw it as my future home.

"Welcome home, my dear", Mrs Langford walked towards me looking immaculate in an olive green dress, and pulled me into a tight hug.