CHAPTER 11

Daxton's POV

I smiled as I saw Jade walking towards me.

She looked so beautiful in a black and green dress which came down to her knees.

This girl always dressed so modestly.

Her brown eyes lit up as soon as they met my blue ones, but soon they showed another emotion.

Uncertainty?

Of course, she was going to marry me even though she doesn't know anything about me.

Who wouldn't be uncertain?

"Hey", she said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hey", I said as I pulled her towards me in a warm embrace.

I saw her cheeks turn pink when we pulled away, making me smile to myself.

"Hi", Alex said simply and she smiled at him.

"Hey Alex".

He half smiled and looked away.

Why was Alex acting stupid ever since the day we talked about the deal?

"Since you'll haven't really seen our home, let's give you'll a tour", my mom said to her parents who smiled.

"Sure", Jade's mom replied with a smile on her face.

Jade was a mini version of her mother. Their brown straight hair and lean figures matched, and also their beautiful smiles.

Jade and her father had the same eye colour which looked mesmerising; deep brown.

"Come on", my dad said as he patted Mr Okoye's back and walked ahead with them.

My mom walked upstairs with all of us following behind her and I had to roll my eyes.

This felt like some guide showing us around a museum.

Jade and I were the last to follow with Alex huffing in front of us and he dragged himself upstairs.

I placed my hand on the small of Jade's back and she squealed at the connection of our skin.

"Sorry", I mumbled as I let my hand drop to my side.

Wrong move, Dax.

"That's okay", she whispered back.

Alex glanced at us before walking towards the study where my mom had led us to.

"This one right here is the study", my mom said as the parents walked inside while Jade looked hesitantly before stepping in.

"Jade, I know this is kind of crazy and can clearly see that you're not interested in this stupid tour thing. So, can we talk somewhere?", I asked, hoping her answer would be positive.

She looked at me with hope in her eyes and smiled, " Yes, please. I've been wanting to talk to you".

I nodded and motioned for her to follow me as we ditched the tour of our residence, leaving Alex to wonder why we decided to abandon him with the parents.

I lead her towards my room and inhaled deeply before swinging the door open.

"After you", I said as I motioned for her to walk inside my room before me.

I shut the door once we were in and looked at Jade.

She had an amused look on her face as she took in the details of my room.