CHAPTER 21

Jade's POV

I took a deep breath as Dax slid his arm around my waist.

"You ready?", he asked and I nodded.

Today was the day we get engaged.

Dax and I were going to descend down the flight of stairs as we'd make our engagement news public.

"You look absolutely gorgeous in this gown. Way more perfect that what I imagined", he whispered into my ears and that somehow helped me calm my nerves.

The dress was indeed a masterpiece. A silver gown which made me look like a princess out of a vogue shoot.

"Thanks, blueberry", I mumbled as I pecked his lips, "You look like a sexy prince".

He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Why thank you my little princess", he said as his grip around my waist tightened.

The butlers swung the royal oak French doors open and we walked towards it.

The light chatter died down as all pair of eyes in the banquet hall were on Dax and I, watching as we descended the royally decorated flight of stairs.

From above I could see the media clicking pictures of us and filming us and we continued our descend.

"There's my boy", said Mr Langford, as we joined him at the landing of the stairs which served as a stage, before leading into another set of stairs.

As we stood on the stage, I took in the royal decorations around us.

The large French banquet hall was decorated with silver helium balloons and streamers in an adequate proportion.

I looked as plenty upscale people around us were dressed to their best and smiled at us, some giving me suspicious looks.

Mr Langford nodded at Miss Rollins who hurriedly handed a microphone to him.

"Welcome to our dearest family, friends and the media gathered here. Today is a very special day for us. Solomon and I have been friends for the past years, but what we didn't realise was that the bond of our friendship would strengthen into a bond of family", Mr Langford spoke as the crowd talked in hushed whispers.

Dax tightened his grip around my waist as we stood in front of the large crowd.

"My son came up to me and said that he and Jade are in love and want to settle down. And that's how they will be taking the first step towards strengthening the bond between our families", he continued and the crowd cheered.

"But before we begin with the ring ceremony, there's an announcement that I'd like to make. Not only will we be extending our friendship, we'll also be extending our business. What I mean to say is that I will be investing in Solomon Okoye's firm and together we will be setting up another firm in England", he said and the crowd began to chatter among themselves and the media were furiously taking down notes of every word that he said.

He raised his hand to silence the crowd.

"We will now have the ring ceremony", he spoke before retrieving the microphone to Miss Rollins and walking down the stage.

Soon, our rings were brought on royal heart shaped pillows.

Dax pulled out a beautifully decorated diamond ring and slid it over my ring finger.

"I selected the most beautiful ring for my wife to be", he said as I admired the ring.

I picked up the ring that I bought for Dax from the pillow.