CHAPTER 39

Dax' POV

We arrived at the hospital and were soon walking towards Dr Grey's cabin which was on the eight floor.

My parents wanted to join Jade and me for my check up, but I insisted that it would be just the two of us.

I had a surprise for Jade after we were done at the hospital.

"Hello, Mr Langford. It's so good to see you", Dr Grey greeted as we walked inside his cabin.

"Nice seeing you too", I said it sarcastically, but he smiled widely.

"How are you, Mrs Langford?", he asked Jade.

"I've been doing really well ever since Dax has improved", she smiled at him.

That gorgeous smile melted my heart.

"Alright, are you ready to get rid of those stitches?", he asked me.

"Yeah, can't wait to get them off", I said.

"Stay right here until we're back", Dr Grey said to Jade before he lead me out of his cabin.

.

.

.

Once the stitches were taken off, a nurse covered the wound using a medical tape.

"We're all done, Mr Langford", the nurse said and smiled at me.

"Thank you, Andrea", I said, reading her name on her badge.

Dr Grey walked towards me as I was still sat on the comfortable chair.

"It might hurt you for a while, but you'll be fine", he said and I nodded.

"You can put your shirt on", he said as Andrea handed me my shirt.

"I must apologise to you, Mr Langford", Dr Grey said after a few moments.

I looked at him in confusion.

"I mean, when you hadn't recovered even after three months, I thought it was best for your family to let go of you", he said.

"But your wife was someone who crazily believed that you would recover. She's been here for most of the time with you and has spent every single second worrying about you and believing that you would wake up any second. I must say, she is something to hold onto", he smiled at the end.

I was so overwhelmed as I heard what Dr Grey had just said.

"I mean, your family too were not ready to let go of you, but your wife lost it when I said that", he lightly smiled.

"Thanks for telling me, Dr Grey", I nodded.

"You're welcome. And I'm just so happy that you made it out alive without any damage being caused to your brain. I mean, I don't know how the clot in your brain faded all of a sudden, but I'm glad that you're alright", he patted my back and walked out.

I followed him into his cabin.

"We're back, Mrs Langford", he said to Jade who was zoning out in the aquarium at the start of his room.

"Hey!", she exclaimed.

"How did it go?", she looked at us.

"Pretty good", I said and Dr Grey smiled.

"He's good to go. And you'll can call or walk in anytime if you don't feel good", he said.

"Thank you, Dr Grey", we said and walked out of his cabin.

Once we stepped in the elevator, I pecked Jade's cheek.

"Thank you", I whispered.

"What for?", she questioned.

"For not giving up on me", I said looking into her eyes.

"Of course, I would never give up on you, love. Ever", she kissed me before we reached the lobby.

We walked into the lobby and Rob, our driver stood up.

"Rob", I called out as we walked towards the parking.

"Yes, sir", he turned around.

"You can go home. Jade and I have somewhere to go", I said.

"But I can drive you around. If that's not a problem", he added.

"It's alright, we'll be fine", I tried to convince him.

"I'll drive, not a problem", Jade came to my rescue.

"If you say so, ma'am. Drive safe", he curtly bowed before handing her the keys and walking away.

"Thank me later", she winked as we walked towards our car.

"Let me drive", I said.

"No way", she yelled with wide eyes.

"Why?", I groaned.

"Because I don't want you to", she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Please, I'm alright", I waved but she continued walking.

"And you don't know the place where I'm taking you to", I tried to convince her.

I had to convince our driver to go and now my wife to let me drive.

"You can direct me how to get there", she said as we halted in front of our car.

"No. No, I can't direct you how to get there because I have to get you there", I said firmly.

"Because....?", she trailed off.

"Because that's how I always imagined it to be", I said and tried to give her my best sad face.

"Don't try that", she said to me.

I continued looking at her with a sad face.

"You always win", she said handing the keys to me.

"Thanks, baby", I said, kissing her cheek.

"You're not welcome", she grumbled, helping me get inside the driver's seat and put on my seat belt.

She got in and put on her seatbelt too.

"Where are you taking me?", she asked.

"To our paradise", I said with a smile on my face.

Soon we were out of the hospital and were driving towards our future.