CHAPTER 33

Dax's POV

I watched as the bullet travelled ever so slowly and settled in Fizzy's forehead.

I froze at my spot not knowing what to do.

The other cop immediately jumped onto Dylan and fought him as Alex rushed to untie Jade.

Sheriff Singer began untying me and I watched as Jamie walked slowly inspite of all the chaos around him and knelt in front of Fizzy who was fallen to the ground.

I walked towards her as Jamie held her in his arms and sobbed, telling her everything would be okay.

"Dax!", Jade yelled as I looked up, as she ran towards me and hugged me.

I held her close to me and tightly wrapped my arms around her.

"It's alright, baby. We're going from here", I said as I kissed her forehead.

Her body shook as she sobbed into my chest.

I saw Alex pull the gun away from Dylan as the cop punched him.

I also heard Jamie yelling and asking Fizzy to wake up and I never she was gone.

The room went silent for a brief moment.

Everyone stopped around to look at Fizzy's lifeless self as she was held by a sobbing Jamie.

That when Dylan pulled the gun from the cop's holster.

He shot the ground in front of Alex's feet and asked them to back away.

Jade held me even more tight as she refused to look around.

I couldn't help but blame myself for what happened.

I was the reason why Jade got kidnapped.

I was the reason why Fizzy died.

I wish I could somehow stop what was happening.

"Jade, look at me!", Dylan yelled.

"Get away from Dax, Jade!", Dylan yelled again.

She held me even more close to her and I though we would merge into one body.

"If you don't get away, I'll kill him", he shot the ground near Alex's feet again.

She immediately let go of me and turned around.

"Please don't do anything to him", she managed to speak in between sobs.

She looked at Fizzy in Jamie's arms and took a step towards them.

"Don't move. Don't fucking move", Dylan yelled and she stopped in her tracks.

"What are you gonna do? Kill me? Go ahead and fucking do it", she yelled at him.

"I can't believe you, Dylan. I used to think you were a good guy. You're a fucking coward. You keep blaming Dax for being the bright one and taking all the credit. If you thought you were better than him then you should have proved to be better than him. And you've clearly proved how good you are", she spoke, looking at Fizzy towards the end of the sentence.

"Don't talk to me like that. I'm better than Dax, I'm definitely better than him", Dylan got mad.

"No. I don't think you were better than him and I know you'll never be better than him. You won't even be a dot of what he is", she screamed at him.

I've never seen Jade this wild before, so all I could do was stare at what was happening in front of me.

"Don't talk about my husband like that ever again. I swear, I'll kill you", she told Dylan who looked like he lost his shit.