CHAPTER 6

Jade's POV

My heart roared in my chest as I followed my parents who were walking into the Sheraton.

I looked at the area where the receptionist was seated and boy, it was really gorgeous.

"Hi, I'm Solomon Okoye and I have a reservation made for my family along with the Langfords", my dad said to the receptionist who beamed at him.

She looked at her desktop and and nodded enthusiastically.

"Follow me", she said as she smiled politely, making us return the gesture.

I tried to calm myself by looking at the beautiful interiors.

White high walls with a royal ceiling from which golden chandeliers hung, enhancing the beauty of the large hall where plenty of people dined. The floral decoration at particular spots around the place made it look even more beautiful.

The receptionist lead us to a table as we sat down.

The Langfords weren't here as yet.

"Would you'll like to order already?", she asked with the smile never leaving her features.

She was a pretty girl and looked really young.

"No thanks, we'll do that once the Langfords have joined us", my dad said to her and she nodded before exiting.

"Looks like the Langfords are running late", my dad chuckled.

"They aren't late. You're just too punctual. It's not even 8", my mother said, glancing at her watch making dad and me chuckle.

"So, how's it going with college, little one?", my dad asked.

"Yeah, it's fine. Barely three weeks and we're done", I said with a smile.

"I'm sorry. I haven't been spending enough time with you and your mother lately. But I promise, once you graduate, we'll go for a little family vacation. Just the three of us", he said and my smile grew wider.

"Really? Oh wow, can I get to select the place?", I beamed and my parents chuckled.

"Of course, little one. I feel like you haven't really grown up. You're still my little baby", my mom said making me smile.

"Hi Sol", said a voice and I turned around to look at the source of it.

There stood Mr Langford and his wife.

We stood up and greeted the two of them as they sat down in front of us.

I glanced around the large hall to look for Daxton and Alex, but didn't see any sign of them.

I started to feel a little disappointed.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone shopping while it would be dinner with just the parents.

"You have on a lovely dress, my dear", Mrs Langford said and snapped me out of my thoughts.

I blinked at her.

"Thank You, Mrs Langford. You look good yourself", I said and her smile grew wider.

"Thanks, honey", she said as she placed a hand on her chest.

Well, at least my dress didn't go unnoticed.

Some one cleared their throat and I turned around to find Alex with a smirk on his face.

And a gorgeous Daxton standing behind him.

They greeted my parents who hugged the two boys as they beamed at them.