CHAPTER 24

Jade's POV

"Time up, pens down", Mrs Waters yelled as I furiously scribbled one last line and set my pen down.

"Alright class, you'll can leave", she said walking towards the front row to collect our exam sheets.

I couldn't believe that I was finally done with my exams!

Which also meant my wedding was just a week away from now.

I stood up as I collected my things and walked towards my locker.

The hallway was bustling with an over enthusiastic crowd of students who were in high spirits after finishing their exams.

I stood in front of my locker and unlocked it, pulled out my backpack and cellphone and shut it.

"Hey Jade", Jamie yelled and I almost jumped out of my skin.

"You freak", I mumbled as I turned around and walked past him.

"Slow down woman, it's the last day of college. Where you rushing off to?", he jogged behind me, trying to match my pace.

"Well, I have to get home because I've got things to do. I ain't idle like you", I mocked and he snickered.

We were going dress shopping for my wedding today!

"Hi guys!", Fizzy exclaimed as she walked out of a lecture hall and waved at us.

"Hi Fizzy", I said and she walked with us towards the exit of the building.

"What was the answer of the seventeenth question? Did you write 97.5 or 97.6?", Fizzy asked as she scratched the back of her head.

"I wrote 97.5", I glanced at her and she nodded in relief.

"Well, good to know that's the answer because I wrote South Africa", Jamie said making Fizzy and I crack up.

"I swear he's high on crack", I mumbled, but he some how heard me.

"Oh no, I don't do crack, I do weed", he laughed like a maniac earning disapproving looks from Fizzy and I.

I unlocked my phone and smiled when I saw a new text message from Dax.

Dax: Hey Muffin, you have an appointment with the stylist today. Mum's going to come get you at 5!
P:S: I can't stop imaging how gorgeous you'll look in a wedding dress, princess x

I felt heat rush to my cheeks as I typed back a quick reply.

Jade: Aw, Dax. I can't believe the big day is just one week away! Stay safe x

I glanced up to look at Fizzy and Jamie who were still bickering.

"Go home, Mr Crack", Fizzy said as we walked towards the parking area.

"Oh no, I'm going to go all places but home. It's the last day of college. The parties are going to begin and there's no way I'd go home anytime soon", he smirked making me roll my eyes.

"Bye Jamie, see you never", I winked before getting into my car and driving off with Fizzy.

.

.

I walked into the exquisite looking boutique, following closely behind Mrs Langford and my mother.

"Olivia", said a lady who approached Mrs Langford and pulled her into a hug, "It's been a while".

"This is Abrielle, one of my best mates and best fashion designer. And this is my soon to be daughter in law, Jade and her mother Eveline", she said motioning towards us and the woman hugged us.

Abrielle looked like she was in her late thirties or early forties. Her jet black hair suited her well framed face and her grey eyes gleamed when she smiled. Although she was short, she had a powerful aura surrounding her.

"I've known Olivia for as long as I can remember because my sister and she have been best buddies since school. And when she told me that she'll be selecting a dress for her daughter in law's wedding from my boutique I was so over the moon", she said to my mother as the three women laughed.

"Come this way", she said, leading us farther into the boutique.

We were lead upstairs and into what seemed like a really large room with mannequins and several ball gowns over them.

Towards the farther end of the room were three mannequins with the most beautiful wedding gowns I'd ever seen displayed over them.

I watched them in awe as the three gowns were so beautifully put together, making them the beautiful masterpieces that they are.

"I would have love to create more designs for you, but the least I could do was come up with three special gowns for you", Abrielle said looking at me.

"They're so beautiful", Mrs Langford whispered in disbelief.

I walked closer towards the three mannequins and looked at them.

The first one was a long dress which had thick layers from the waist to the ground and was embedded with sequence and glitter.

The second was a tight fitted lace off shoulder gown which spread out over the bottom. The delicate lace enhancing the beauty of the gown.

And the third one, was absolutely breathtaking.

It had absolutely beautiful intricate sequences over the mid waist region and long sleeves and had an ample amount of tulle which flowed down to the ground. The back of the dress had a deep cut which would reveal my back.

"This is the one", I mumbled as I lightly ran my fingers over the delicate fabric.

"You like this one, dear?", Abrielle asked and I turned to look at her.

"Yes, it's perfect. I love it", I squealed and she smiled.

"Aw, I'm glad you do", she cooed as she turned around to look at both the mothers who smiled at us.

"If that's what my Jade wants", Mrs Langford said with a smile over her face.

"Alright, let's have a trial and look if any alterations are required", Abrielle said as she took the chosen dress carefully off the mannequin and ushered me towards the fitting room.

_

A/N:

Okay guys, the long wait is almost over!!

There's something really special in the next chapter.

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️