CHAPTER 38

Jade's POV

Few more days passed by, Dax was now at home.

Although he would have to go quite often to the doctors for check ups, he was recovering well.

His recovery seemed like a miracle.

He wasn't even improving and then all of a sudden the clot in his brain had finally disappeared.

He was recovering pretty well and everything seemed to be getting back to how it was earlier.

Since Dax was feeling a lot better today, than the other days, we decided to go see Fizzy's grave.

We arrived at the graveyard and I rushed to help Dax out of his seat.

"I can manage, but thanks love", he kissed me cheek once he stepped out.

"You can't, love. I'm gonna keep helping you until that sling is gone", I said as I took his free hand in mine.

I grabbed the bouquet from the back seat and shut the door.

We walked inside the graveyard and down through several headstones.

After walking for a few seconds, we arrived at her grave.

"Let's sit?", he asked and I nodded.

I helped him sit in front of her grave and followed too.

I placed the bouquet of white roses we brought her.

"Hey Fizzy, we got you your favourite flowers. I got them from the hot florist near college", I smiled.

Through the corner of my eye, I noticed Dax looking at me and then turning away.

He probably got jealous because I said the florist was hot.

"Hey Fizzy. I'm sorry, I couldn't come earlier", Dax said as he played with a blade of grass.

"I'm sorry I let you go in the first place. I shouldn't have let you and Jamie step inside that warehouse. I'm sorry it ended so soon and you were just so young", he hung his head low.

"I'm sorry", he sniffled and I knelt down and held him.

"It's not your fault, baby", I rubbed his back.

"I didn't mean to take her away from you, love. I didn't mean to take her away from this world. I should have been more responsible", he continued.

"Listen to me, Dax. I blamed myself too. All this while I kept blaming myself that I was responsible for Fizzy's death, that I was responsible for how critical you were. But then I thought and realised that this was all because of Dylan. He was the one who was messed up and messed things up for us too. Because he kidnapped me, you and Fizzy ended up getting hurt. It's not your fault", I said.

"You really think so?", he sniffled after a while.

"Yes, babe. I really think so. I mean, you, Fizzy, Jamie and Alex are such heroes. You'll were so brave to walk in with the cops and come save me. I couldn't have been any more proud of you guys", I kissed his hair.

"Thanks, I feel better", he said.

I let go of him and sat next to him.

We sat in silence as the sun began to set in front of us, making me feel calm from within.

.

.

.

We dined at a restaurant on our way back home.

I wanted to have street foods but Dax warned me not to even talk about that ever again.

That's how I reluctantly agreed to dine at this restaurant.

Dax order a beef steak and I ordered burger and fries.

We talked about his appointment with the doctor tomorrow. His stitches had to be taken out.

"I'll always have this huge scar on my chest", he made a grumpy face as he sipped on his cola.

"Well, I'll always have four scars too", I smiled at him.

"That means we both will have scars", he lightly smiled.

I nodded.

"Baby, your scars make you beautiful. I know the pain you felt as he carved all those lines over your body, but I saw how bravely you faced him", he said, taking my hand in his.

"You're my strong hero", I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Always flattering me", he said.

"Always underestimating yourself", I said as our food arrived.