CHAPTER 4

Jade's POV

"So, no news about that hot billionaire dude?", Jamie whispered and I shot my head up to look at the smirk on his face.

We were currently in the library of our university as we tried to study for our finals which were less than a month away.

"Stop dreaming about lover boy and answer me", he whispered again, making me blink my eyes.

"Who are you talking about?", I asked, even though I knew he was referring to Daxton.

"Oh come on, cut the crap. You know who I'm talking about. You haven't be able to stop talking about how perfect he is", he said rolling his eyes.

"Can you guys please not talk in here. I can't concentrate", Alison, a friend of ours who was seated on the same table as us said.

"I'm sorry", I whispered and she nodded.

"Get out", I whisper yelled at Jamie and he just chuckled.

"Let's go", he said as he pulled me off my chair as we walked toward the exit of the library.

"So, he hasn't texted or called as yet?", he asked still pressing the subject as we walked around the large campus.

"Nope, I haven't heard from him. It's almost two days", I said shrugging my shoulders.

"You know, if you really like him then you should just search him on social media. I'm sure you'll find him", he said and I nodded.

"Well, I don't want to lose focus right now. Our finals start in less than a month. Maybe I'll think about it after that", I shrugged my shoulders and Jamie stopped walking.

"I'm so proud of you, Jade. You work so hard even though you could take advantage of your father's wealth, but here you are working so hard through school and college to build yourself a career. I really admire you", he said with a smile and I pulled him into a hug.

"I smelt a group hug from afar, so here I am", said a voice and we broke apart to see Fizzy.

"Hey there", Jamie said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, "How was French class?".

"Crazy, like always. And I also couldn't stop thinking about Alex, like the way you said he's French and he kisses well", she said the last part as she looked at me and we laughed.

"These Langford dudes have ruined my happy time with my friends", Jamie rolled his eyes.

"What's your problem with them Jamie?", I asked.

"One can't stop thinking about Daxton and the other one always thinks about Alex in her French class. Seriously?", he rolled his eyes as Fizzy and I lightly laughed.

We arrived at the parking area and weren't surprised to see Jason with a group of girls hovering around him.

He suddenly looked up at me and our eyes met.

His green eyes held an intense gaze as they bore into mine.

I looked away and hugged Jamie goodbye as he got into his car and drove off before waving at us.

Fizzy and I made our way towards my car as we drove out of campus before glancing at Jason, who seemed to keep his eyes on me even through the windows as we passed by.

I wasn't one of those girls who'd attract guys easily or the girl who'd have a fling with every damn guy.

I had a boyfriend in the past and broke up with him because we didn't feel the same anymore.