CHAPTER 12

Jade's POV

I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but sincereity.

Did he really mean what he just said?

"Do you really believe that I can be the someone in your life?", I asked him, still gazing into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Yes, if only you're willing to be my someone", he said, making me smile.

"Marriage to me too is something important, Jade. That's why I decided to marry you and not just any other girl out there", he said, making my heart beat faster.

"I too wouldn't want to end up in a loveless marriage because that isn't how one's married life is supposed to be. That's why I decided to marry you, so that we could have love in this marriage", he said, still looking into my eyes.

This is the longest I've ever maintained eye contact with someone.

"If only you're willing to", he said, breaking eye contact with me and looking at the floor.

I was so overwhelmed right now.

I mean, I have a little crush on Daxton, but here we are with him telling me that I could be the one who loves him. The one who he could love too.

And I don't seem to be having a problem with it.

I mean, we can make it work.

I scooted closer next to him on the couch and placed my hand under his chin, so that he could look at me.

"I'm willing to work this out ", I said slowly as I looked into his beautiful orbs.

He blinked at me, as if he couldn't believe what I said.

"Really?", he asked, just like a kid and I couldn't help but smile and nod.

"Thanks", he said and pulled me into a sudden hug.

"I know we can't fall in love right away because we barely know each other, but I promise to make things work between us", he said as his grip tightened around my waist.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him.

After a few minutes he pulled away, but his arms were still lightly wrapped around me.

"I promise to never hurt you and always be there for you. I don't know what your past story is, but from now on it will be with me, and I promise that I will do everything to make it a happy story", he said starting into my eyes, making my heart swell at his words.

I smiled widely and suddenly blurted out, "I already have a little crush on you, don't make me fall for you already".

He laughed and it made me happy to see him smile.

"I've felt a thing for you, Jade. I don't really believe in love at first sight and stuff like that, but I really did feel something strong with you when I first met you", he said once his laughter died down.

"And I want this feeling to increase because it just feels so beautiful", he said, looking into my eyes once again.

Boy, he had a thing for eye contact.

"Hey, I hope you don't think of me as some creep because I want to marry you just because I feel something for you", he furrowed his eyebrow and I laughed.

"It's kind of creepy, but I like this creepy", I said and he smiled.

"So, you don't have a problem with this marriage anymore?", he asked after a brief moment of silence.