CHAPTER 13

Daxton's POV

I smiled to myself as I walked back inside our home after Jade and her family left back.

"Good night mom and dad", I said as I glanced at my parents.

"Good night, son", my parents said at the same time and laughed lightly.

I turned around and walked upstairs.

I couldn't help but smile to myself.

Jade was everything I ever needed and I'm just so glad that she's giving this relation a chance.

She's giving us a chance.

I admire her not only for the beauty, but because we think alike. We had the same mindset about pretty much everything, especially marriage.

As I walked down the corridor towards my room, I was dragged out of my thoughts as I collided into something, rather someone; Alex.

"Hey buddy, where did you go all of a sudden?", I asked him as I frowned.

"Does it even matter?", he asked bluntly and I was taken aback.

"What do you mean?", I asked in bewilderment.

"You don't even care, stop pretending. All you care about is your fiancée", he spat and my eyes widened.

"Is my little brother jealous because I'm spending more time with my fiancée?", I cooed and he rolled his eyes.

"Spare me your crap", he said as he tried to walk past me, but I tugged at his forearm.

"Why are you so mad about the fact that she's my fiancée? The first day you were all over her and now you don't even glance at her", I voiced my thoughts and he just scoffed.

"Exactly. Because I wanted her", he yelled and I was taken aback, again.

"You wanted her?", I asked, unaware of what exactly he meant.

"Yes, I wanted her. But no, you had to come and make her your fiancée", he threw his hands up in frustration.

I glanced down from the landing to look if our parents had heard Alex yelling and came out to see the commotion, but was glad when I didn't see them.

"Alex, if you liked her then you should have told me. I would hav-", I was interrupted.

"Like her? Jesus no, I don't like her", Alex laughed evilly.

Was he drunk? Or worse, was he possessed?

Because he looked scary right now.

"Then, what do you mean? Can you elaborate on your bloody words?", I asked, frustrated of Alex's drama.

"Come on, Dax. She's sexy, you know it too. All I wanted was to fuck her and then you could-", Alex didn't get to complete his sentence because I slapped him hard across the face.

"If you say anything stupid about my fiancée, I swear you will regret it", I glared at him.

He smirked evilly.

"Oh look what your fiancée has done. Made you slap your little brother already", his smirk grew wider as he held his slightly swollen cheek.

"Look Alex, you're my little brother. I'm supposed to correct you when you're wrong. You're not supposed to talk like this about Jade or any girl for that matter", I said as I tried to calm myself.

"Yes, dad", Alex mocked and I had to control the urge of slamming him against the wall.

"The next time you talk shit about anyone, I won't hesitate to slap you again", I huffed before walking past him and towards my room.