CHAPTER 10

Jade's POV

"So in other words you're telling us that you're marrying Daxton?", Fizzy asked.

I looked at Jamie who was sitting on my chair by the desk and Fizzy who was sitting in front of me on my bed as I sat against the head board.

After another boring day at college I invited them over because I had to tell my best friends about how my life was going to change, with Daxton in it.

I looked at Fizzy's shocked face and Jamie's unreadable face as I narrated the entire incident that took place at the Langford's residence, or castle yesterday.

"Earth to Jade?", Jamie said as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh?", I asked.

"You're saying that you're going to marry Daxton?", Fizzy repeated and I nodded.

"Yeah. I mean, I told you about the whole thing. It doesn't make sense, but I think I should do it. Partly because I don't want my father's company to crumble down and partly because I kind of like Daxton", I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah with all of that, but do you really want to marry him?", Jamie asked and I shrugged again.

"I don't know, Jamie. I know that I have a little crush on him because he's gorgeous and sweet when he talks to me, but I don't know if I want to marry him", I said as I pulled my knees closer to my chest.

"I don't know what to say", Fizzy said and I weakly smiled at her.

"Don't marry him", Jamie blurted out and Fizzy and I shot him a look.

"I don't think he really likes you, Jay. I mean, I know we're rich kids and you know they're richer than us and probably more spoilt that we are. Like, Alex is the total bad boy as you said. What makes you think that Daxton is any different than him? He probably just wants to have a fling with you", Jamie voiced out his thoughts.

"I mean, this is marriage we're talking about. I know you're doing this for your dad and his company, but think about yourself for a minute. What if you're in a marriage where there's no love? What if you find out after you'll are married that he's interested in other women way more than you? I wouldn't want you to go through all of that", he continued.

"I mean, if you divorce him then his dad will disinvest in your dad's company and will end the partnership. So basically, you're trapped", he huffed and I widened my eyes.

"I don't see this as a trap", I mumbled.

"What?", he asked, "I didn't hear you".

"I said I don't see this as a trap". 

"And why, must I ask", he said as he crossed his arms.

"Because, I don't think Daxton would do that", I said in a low voice but I'm sure Fizzy and Jamie heard me.

"I mean, from the way he acts when he's around me, I don't think that this is just a fling. I see the way he looks at me and doesn't let Alex flirt with me", I shrugged.

"So that's proves that he likes you?", Jamie asked bitterly.

I kept quiet because I didn't know what to say.

I assumed that Daxton kind of had a thing for me because of how nice he was whenever he was around me, but then he hadn't told me that he liked me.

And I certainly couldn't make an opinion of him in just the three times that I had met him.

Maybe he was just being chivalrous.

"Jay", Jamie sighed and I looked at him.

"Look, I know this is difficult for you. I mean, I know you kind of like this Daxton dude and now you're going to marry him because it's a part of the deal, but I'm just looking out for you, okay? I don't want my best friend to go through something that she shouldn't", he said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Thanks Jamie", I mumbled.

"But hey, why don't you talk to Daxton about this? I mean, actually talk to him. Talk to him about this marriage and ask him if he really wants this or he's doing it just because of some deal. Then maybe you'll be able to make a better decision if you really want this deal or whatever", he said and I nodded.

Of course, I had to speak with Daxton regarding the deal and find out what he too felt.

And once again, Jamie had proven to be the perfect guy best friend that he is.

"Hey there, I don't want you to be crying now", Jamie said as he wrapped his arms around me and before I even knew it I was sobbing into his arms.

I felt Fizzy rub my back as I cried some more.

Jamie cooed in my ear telling me that everything will be okay and I believed what he said.

I had to talk to Daxton about this and then probably everything would be okay.

I somehow felt that maybe, just maybe Daxton has a thing for me and we can make this work.

Finally, I let go of the hug and smiled at my best friends.

"I love you both so much. Thank you for always being there for me", I said as they smiled at me.

"We're always here for you", Fizzy said as she rubbed my arm.

"Is it just me or did you too notice how quiet Fizzy was while we talked?", I spoke looking at Jamie.

"The girl can only talk about fashion and boys. She can't give you advise like me", Jamie said and earned a slap on his arm from a very mad Fizzy.

"Don't you talk about me like that the next time, Mr Smartpants", she screamed and we just laughed.

"Or what?", Jamie smirked and I knew he was in trouble.

"Or you get hit in the face", Fizzy said as she flung a pillow on his face making me laugh my thoughts away.

.

.

Fizzy and Jamie dined with us and left soon after as Jamie promised to reach her to her place.

My dad sighed after they left as silence enveloped the three of us.

"Jay, I talked to Jake today and told him to finalise the deal", he bluerted out.

I nodded, motioning for him to go on.

"He said he'll prepare the papers by this weekend and has also invited us for dinner to their place", he said glancing at mom who nodded.

"And Jay, he also told me that Daxton was the one who proposed the idea of you marrying him", he said and I couldn't believe what I just heard.

_

A/N:

Okay, so Daxton was the one who proposed the idea of marrying Jade. What are your thoughts?

Comment down below and don't forget to tap the little star which makes my day a much better one!

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️