CHAPTER 40

Jade's POV

We arrived at a very beautiful location as we drove into a very fancy looking neighbourhood.

We parked outside an immaculate mansion which had a huge garden and a lovely fountain in front of it.

We walked towards the gates and Dax unlocked it.

I looked at him and asked, "Who's beautiful house is this?".

"You'll know", he said as we continued walking.

We were soon at the front of the door.

He turned towards me and took my hands in his.

"Jade, I'm very lucky to spend the rest of my life with you, because you make everything seem so beautiful. And for that, I cannot help but thank you. So, as a thank you from my side, I bought you a house", he said and my eyes widened.

"What? Oh my God, Dax!", I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I really hope you like it and wouldn't mind spending the rest of our life here. This place will be the place where we build and grow our family", he said as he tightly wrapped his arms around me.

I pulled away and looked at him.

"I don't care wherever we live as long as we're together", I said and he smiled.

He closed the gap between us and kissed me.

"Let's go in?", he said and I nodded.

He pulled out a bunch of keys from his back pocket and let me unlock the large oak doors to this immaculate mansion.

To our future home.

I walked in and shut the doors as soon as we were in.

What I saw ahead was like an image from the movies because it looked like a royal palace.

The white marble floor spread across the large area, the cream walls blended well with the wooden and glass themed furniture around.

"We've got three bedrooms down here", he said as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Let's go upstairs", he said as we climbed the flight of stairs.

"I thought the Langford's residence was a palace, but then here we are", I blushed.

"I mean, I had to raise the bar", he chucked and I smiled.

We walked to the right side of the landing and looked at three spare rooms.

"Let's go to the favourite part of my house", he said, leading me towards the other side of the landing.

"Our bedroom", he said, shutting the doors once we were inside.

Our bedroom was gorgeously set up with minimum furniture.

A large picture of Dax and me hung above the headboard. The same one that was hung in our room at the Langford's residence.

"This is my favourite picture of us", I said looking at us happily smiling at the camera on our wedding.

"I love the other one. The one which Pierre clicked of us on our engagement", he said, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"The one of us kissing", I laughed and he chuckled.

"This is so beautiful, Dax. This house, this is more than what I dreamed of having. Thank you", I said turning to look at him.

"Don't thank me, baby. I did this for our future", he said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

I leaned in and kissed him.

"I'm pretty sure that no one can take us away from each other this time", he said and I nodded.

"If they ever dared, I'd put a bullet right through them", he said, making me laugh.

"Why don't you look around the place?", he said and I nodded.

I walked towards the full length window which over looked the garden at the back and a pool.

I walked towards our bed and noticed an envelope with my name and a heart on it.

I picked it up and tore it open.

Inside we're two airline tickets.

I turned around and looked at Dax who was widely smiling.

"We're going to St Lucia for our honeymoon, baby", he smiled before I ran into his arms and hugged him.

_

A/N:
I can't believe this book is almost over!

Go ahead and read the epilogue.

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️