CHAPTER 7

Jade's POV

I was on my way home much earlier than the usual because I didn't have the last two classes, also, because asked me to come home immediately so that we could go to the Langford's residence for lunch.

Even if I did have my last two classes, I'd still skip them to go see Daxton.

I slowed down as I reached our gates and smiled as the guard opened it for me and thanked him once I drove past it.

I parked in my usual place as I rushed towards the entrance as Karl; our butler welcomed me, taking my backpack upstairs.

I rushed towards my parents room and was met with my dad who was dressed in his suit as usual and my mom who was pulling out random clothes from her cupboard.

"Hi mom. Hi dad", I said and they turned to look at me.

"Oh, hey little one. Go get dressed. We need to leave in a few", my mom said and I nodded.

"Yeah, hurry up. I'm pretty sure you'll be ready before your mother", my dad said and passed me a wink.

"Oh come on. Mr Langford called a while ago and suddenly invited us to have lunch at their residence. How am I supposed to get dressed at such a short notice?", my mother dramatically threw her hands up and my dad rolled his eyes at me.

I chuckled and turned around as I dashed upstairs for my room.

.

.

To say that the Langford's lived in a residence would be an understatement.

They lived in a damn castle!

I watched as my dad drove inside the huge gates and into their driveway, making me gape at the large lawn spread area in front of their residence.

We stepped out of our car once dad pulled up in the driveway and were greeted with butlers.

Wow, butlers.

Of course you'd need butlers for a castle like this.

We were ushered inside the residence and were greeted with Mr and Mrs Langford who were dressed to their best.

I suddenly felt under dressed because I was dressed in a plain white pencil skirt which came exactly over my knees and a light blue blouse.

I mean, I dressed simple 'cause this was lunch at their residence.

But who knew that they'd dress so perfectly even at home.

"Welcome home, my dear", Mrs Langford pulled me into a bone crushing hug, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I wrapped my arms around her and she kissed my cheek and let go.

"Hi Jade", Mr Langford said giving me a little hug.

The greeting followed like the previous times.

I heard soft footsteps and turned around to see Daxton descending down the royal flight of stairs.

He was dressed in black trousers and a crisp white shirt which fit his body perfectly.

Looks like they're always dressed in their best outfits.

Daxton walked closer towards me and pulled me into a warm hug and broke away with a smile.

But the smile was different.

It didn't reach his eyes like the previous times when I saw him.

It looked sad.

"Hey, welcome home", he said and his words made my heart warm.

I really felt like I'm at home the way he said those words.

I smiled and was soon greeted by a very excited Alex.

"Mi amour", he said as he pulled me into a hug.

I pulled back and he smiled, or beamed I might add.

"Come on, let's have lunch. The table's set", Mrs Langford said as she walked ahead, with us following behind her.

The dining area looked like an area where the royal families have royal dinner parties.

Everything about their 'residence' seemed to have a touch of royalty and perfection.

I secretly think that they belong to the Royal Family.

"Come", Daxton said as he slid my hand in his and guided me to one of the chairs around the twelve seater table.

He pulled out a chair for me as I sat down and he took his place to my right.

Alex, of course sat to my left and my parents sat opposite the Langford's who were seated towards Daxton's right.

.

.

To say lunch was delicious would be an understatement because boy, this was phenomenal.

There were a variety of dishes that were prepared by Mrs Langford and their chefs.

Yes, they had their own chefs.

During lunch, I talked a little about my life since Daxton asked me to do so.

He listened with interest and smiled widely whenever I shared a happy memory which was almost every memory that I shared.

Alex just cleared his throat in between, as if reminding us of his presence which made Daxton and me chuckle.

After lunch, Mr Langford ushered us towards their living room which looked like a royal banquet hall with the best furniture and crockery, even better than ours, I must admit.

I sat down on one of the large sofas with my dad to my left and Daxton to my right.

Mr and Mrs Langford sat across us as my mom and Alex sat towards my dad's left.

"Sol, I've considered your business proposition", Mr Langford said and I glanced at my dad who sat upright as the words left his mouth.

I felt Daxton stiffen slightly, but I just ignored it.

"And I would love to indulge in this partnership", he said as a smile crept his face.

"Thanks, Jake. This is, wow", my dad said with a huge grin on his face.

"Yeah, I would not only want to buy the shares of your company but also, would like to set up a company back in England as a partnership with you", Mr Langford said as my dad's smile grew wider.

He rose up and gave Mr Langford a hug while we smiled at the sight in front of us, well, except Daxton.

When they broke the hug, Mr Langford spoke again, "Oh, but there's one condition".

"Accepted. Anything that you say", my dad said as soon as Mr Langford spoke.

"You might want to listen to it before you accept it", Mr Langford said nervously.

"Alright, go on", my dad shrugged.

"If I invest in your company and I'm going to have to get something in return for that", he said as he gulped.

This is the first time I've seen Mr Langford nervous and it was awkward.

My dad nodded simply and I looked at Mr Langford in anticipation.

"Your daughter must marry my son".

_

A/N:

Sorry for the cliffhanger, but I'm gonna have to keep you'll guessing until I post the next chapter!

Do comment your thoughts and vote because it makes me so happy to know that people are actually interested in this story.

See you'll in the next chapter.

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️