CHAPTER 15

Jade's POV

Mom rushed towards the front door, stoping Karl before he could open the door.

I followed her and smiled at Karl who returned back to the kitchen.

Dax stood at our doorstep, looking all handsome and dreamy in his denims and a leather jacket.

"Hi, Mrs Okoye", he smiled as he hugged my mother and she greeted him back.

His eyes darted towards me and his smile grew wider.

"There's my date", he mumbled and I felt heat rush to my cheeks at his statement.

I heard footsteps behind me and glanced at Fizzy and my dad who stood a few feet behind.

"Hi, Mr Okoye", Dax waved like a kid and I bit my lip in order to stifle a laugh.

"Please come in, son", mom said, surprising Dax and me.

He smiled fondly as he stepped in and greeted my father.

"This is Fizzy, my best friend. And Fizzy, this is  my Dax, my fiancé", I introduced the two who greeted each other and shook hands.

"Right, your Dax", Fizzy smirked and I looked at the ground in order to avoid the looks from my parents.

"Alright, I'll take your leave", he said to my parents and they smiled at him.

"May I?", he extended his hand towards me and I took it with a smile as we walked out the main door.

I glanced around and waved at my parents and Fizzy who returned my gesture.

We walked down my driveway and Dax intertwined our fingers, making me grin crazily.

We stopped in front of a red Aston Martin DBS Superleggera and my jaw dropped.

Not only was Dax gorgeous but also his car was.

"Like it already, Princess?", he smirked and I nodded with wide eyes.

He opened the passenger door for me and closed it after I was in.

He walked around the front of his car, dragging a finger over the bonnet as he made his way towards the driver's seat.

After getting in he shut the door and turned to look at me.

"It's beautiful", I said, mesmerised by his gorgeous car.

I'm starting to feel jealous because his car looks way better than mine.

"Not more than my Jade", he said as he kissed my cheek and drove off, leaving me to be a blushing mess. 

.

.

Dax brought me to a simple restaurant on our date.

He said he wanted to take me to some fun place, but he was really busy with work and couldn't plan out.

Well, he promised me that our next date would be fun.

"Some more wine?", he asked and I nodded.

I didn't even realise that I had finished drinking an entire glass until Dax asked me if I needed a refill.

"Thanks", I mumbled as I took a sip of my now full glass.

"We've been talking for the past hour and have finished more than a half bottle of wine and haven't ordered as yet", Dax laughed and I joined in too.

Were we drunk laughing?

"I think we should order. I'm starting to feel hungry", I pouted and his eyes grew soft.