CHAPTER 18

Jade's POV

As I drove farther into our gates, I noticed the two posh looking cars that were parked in our driveway.

I immediately recognised one as Dax's and the other one looked familiar.

I parked my car in its usual spot and walked towards our home as I slid my backpack over my shoulders.

Upon entering our home, I saw a very handsome Dax dressed in his usual formal attire and Mrs Langford dressed to perfection who were conversing with my mom.

I also noticed that there were a small group of people who were noting down what Mrs Langford and mom spoke.

"Oh, my Jade's here", Dax said, gaining everyone's attention.

"Hi guys", I awkwardly waved at everyone.

I unslid my backpack and handed it to Karl who went upstairs with it.

"Well, hello to you too dear", Mrs Langford said as she walked towards me and pulled me in for a tight hug.

Dax hugged me next and it made my tiring day a much better one.

He also managed to sneak a kiss before anyone could notice, leaving me flustered.

"Darling Jade, I'd like to introduce you to Miss Rollins and her team who will be organising your engagement party", Mrs Langford spoke as she motioned towards a mid aged woman.

Miss Rollins was a fair stout redhead. She wore her glasses at the top of her pointed nose and that made her look like the teapot from 'Beauty and the Beast'. She extended her hand for me and I shook it.

"I'm Jennifer Rollins and this is my team", she said motioning to the five members who stood behind her.

"We were just going through some of the venues and decorations. Have a look", Mrs Langford said handing over a thick folder to me as I sat down next to Dax on one of the sofas.

We flicked through the various pictures of the venues and finalised a modern looking large banquet hall.

Next, we finalised the decoration theme and the varieties of dishes to be served in the buffet.

Miss Rollins said that there would be an unlimited bar too.

An hour later, Miss Rollins and her team hurried away as they had to carry out their duties.

Mrs Langford suggested that we go out for an evening snack since it was way past lunchtime.

Mom and Mrs Langford drove in her car, leaving Dax and I alone to follow them in his.

"So, why didn't you tell me that you'll would be coming home? I would've come home earlier if I knew", I said to him and I buckled my seat belt.

"Well, then it wouldn't be a surprise, would it muffin?", he asked with a lopsided grin.

"Of course, Daxton loves surprising Jade at all times", I rolled my eyes and he laughed as we pulled on to the road following his mum's black Rolls Royce.

"So, how was college? Did you miss me?", he smirked as he kept his focus on the road ahead.

"College was super boring. I can't wait to graduate which will be a week after we're engaged", I spoke as I gazed at the bustling traffic around us.

"Well, I'm just glad that you'll be graduated before we're married. So that I can keep my wife all to myself at home and not send her to college", he said as he kissed the back of my palm.

He certainly does know how to make me blush!

"How was work?", I asked, attempting to hide my flustered face.

"Work was boring for me too. The only best thing I did was miss you", he said kissing the back of my palm again.

"Okay, I really like this romantic side of my fiancé. It's so dreamy", I cooed and he laughed.

"So, will you'll be having a formal ball? If it's even called that", he mumbled as we halted at a red signal.

"Yeah, there's going to be a formal ball", I replied.

"Careful selecting your partner, muffin. I might have to warm your partner to keep his hands away from my woman", he smirked and I chuckled.

"I'm not really interested in the ball. So let's just forget about it", I said as he kicked the gas pedal and continued driving.

We made small talk as he drove for another fifteen minutes before reaching a simple restaurant.

Soon, the four of us were sipping on our beverages and munching on our snacks as we lightly talked about the engagement party which would be a week from today.

_

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter, but I couldn't come up with much.

See you'll in the next one!

Lots Of Love:
Carita D'Costa❤️