CHAPTER 19

Jade's POV

I was on my way back home from college earlier than usual because Mrs Langford would be meeting me at our home.

Mrs Langford is a perfectionist. She's always dressed to perfection and carries herself with the same demeanour. She seems like a very loving woman and has always been kind to me since the day we met.

I really think we'll be good in-laws in the future.

I parked my car in its usual spot and rushed towards the driveway where Mrs Langford's Rolls Royce was parked.

On reaching the entrance, I was greeted by Karl who took my backpack upstairs like always.

I walked towards the living room where I spotted Mrs Langford and mom sipping on wine and giggling.

"Oh, my darling Jade is here", Mrs Langford said as she walked towards me and pulled me in her warm embrace.

"Mrs Langford", I said as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Oh dear, we're family now. You can call me mum", she said as she pulled away.

"Mum", I hummed as I looked at her.

"I've always wanted to have a daughter. Looks like I finally have one!", she exclaimed making my mom and me laugh.

"I got you a little something", she said as she turned around and walked towards the coffee table.

I followed her and was handed a box by Tiffany & Co.

"This is for you, my dear", she said as I took the beautifully decorated box.

"You didn't have to, mum", I said to my soon to be mother in law.

"Of course, I had to. You're family now", she smiled widely and it made her look way more beautiful.

"Thanks, mum", I said as I unlocked the box.

I lightly gasped as I looked at the beautiful pair of diamond earrings which looked so breathtakingly gorgeous.

After almost a minute of admiring it I shut the box.

"Also, could I talk to you for a minute?", she asked and I nodded enthusiastically.

"Mom, could you please reach this for me in my room?", I handed the box to my mom who walked away to give us some privacy.

"Jade, I want to know if you're really willing to marry my son?", she spoke cautiously.

I blinked, slightly taken aback by her question.

"Please don't get me wrong, my dear. I want to know if you're actually happy with the decision you've made and aren't being forced into it", she added.

"Yes, mum. Dax and I talked about our relationship and we're willing to give us a chance", I said as she nodded.

"You must know that my Dax is a very fragile boy at heart. I do know that he cares and likes you a lot. So, please don't do anything that will end up hurting my boy", she spoke with a weak expression.

"His previous girlfriends ended up hurting him and I wouldn't want him to go through it all over again. I sense that he really likes you, probably more than he liked those gold diggers because he's talked about marriage with you. All I ask of you is to not break my Dax's heart", she said as she held my hands in hers.

"Of course, I won't hurt him. Ever", I said as I smiled at her.

"There might be times when you'll may argue, when you'll may be mad at each other over silly or major issues, but please give it a chance and don't let this marriage end. I want my kids to have good married lives and not broken ones", she continued.

"I will never break his heart. I promise you", I smiled.

Breaking Dax's heart made me feel sad, like as if my own heart would be broken. And I wouldn't want that to happen.

"Thanks, my dear Jade. I trust you with my boy already", she chuckled and I did too.

"Alright, I better see myself off now. I have a meeting with Miss Rollins in an hours time", she said as she kissed me goodbye and walked out the doors.

.

.

.

I kept thinking about what Mrs Langford told me earlier today.

Not to break Dax's heart because he was fragile.

I sunk myself further into my bed as I pulled the comforter up till my neck and got comfortable.

My phone buzzed, indicating a call from my blueberry!

This was a routine now.

Dax called every night and we talked for long until either of us actually fell asleep while talking to the other.

We'd talk about random things that didn't even make sense and even talk about nothing. Sometimes the silence between us would speak its own words as our hearts communicated.

"Hi, my blueberry", I said as I answered the call.

"Muffin!", he exclaimed like a five year old, making me laugh.

"Calm down, baby Dax", I cooed and he clicked his tongue on the other end.

"I'm allowed to be excited. It's my favourite part of the day", he whined, making me laugh.

"Alright kid, stop whining", I said and he laughed.

"Muffin, I must tell you that my mother has bought you the most beautiful dress ever and I just can't wait to see you in it", he spoke, making my heart beat faster.

"And I must tell you that she also bought me the most gorgeous pair of diamond earring ever!", I exclaimed and he chuckled.

"Yeah, and she did tell me that you now call her 'mum' because we're family now", he continued.

We talked some more about his busy day at work and my pleasant day with his mum.

It was way past midnight when he stopped taking, I then realised that he had fallen asleep.

_

A/N:

Jade's earring gifted by Mrs Langford