CHAPTER 9

Solomon's POV

I sighed as I walked around the huge glass doors of Langford Inc.

I took in the interiors which looked extremely beautiful.

If the reception area was this beautiful, I wondered what the rest of the interiors were like.

The receptionist smiled and greeted me, "Hello, how may I help you?".

"Hi, I'm Solomon Okoye. I'm here to see Jake. I mean, Mr Langford", I said and her smile widened.

"Follow me, Mr Okoye. Mr Langford informed about your arrival", she said as I followed her towards the elevator.

She was a beautiful girl who had brown hair, just like my little Jade.

We stepped inside the fancy grey elevator and she clicked the button for the twentieth floor.

The elevator dinged, indicating our arrival on the twentieth floor which was faster than I expected.

I followed her down a corridor and was soon in front of what I assumed was Jake's office.

She knocked on the door and a light 'come in' was heard.

"Mr Okoye is here to meet you", she said as she stepped out of his room and smiled at me.

I thanked her and walked inside the office, shutting the door behind me.

I looked at the gigantic office and the lavish furniture around Jake who was sat at the centre of the room behind his oak desk.

"Hi Sol. I'm glad to see you", Jake said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Hi Jake", I said as I let go of the hug.

He motioned for me to take a seat and I did as he sat on his chair behind the desk.

"I'm here to talk about the deal you offered yesterday", I said and he looked intently at me.

"Okay", he simply said.

I looked down and closed my eyes, feeling guilty for putting my daughter through this.

I didn't mean for this to happen. I wanted to give her and my wife a better future, but now my little one made me promise her that I accept this deal.

And here I am.

"I want to accept this deal", I said as I looked at Jake.

"Are you sure, Sol? I swear I won't be mad or anything", he said as he searched for my eyes.

"It's my daughter's decision, so yeah. I tried telling her not to do this, but she's really keen on this", I blinked as I tried to stop the tears that threatened to fall.

"I'm sorry", he blurted out.

I glanced at him to find a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry because I even offered this deal. I mean, what my lawyer tried to say was that if we indulge in partnership, we'd have to decide on a profit sharing percentage and I didn't want that. I wanted you to have all the profits because you need it and I don't. But you know that isn't how it's supposed to work. I mean, the public and the employees working for us would surely find out that I wouldn't be having the profits and who knows, maybe someone who is against you could use that against you saying that you've taken all the profits instead of sharing it with me", he said as he raked his hands through his slightly grey hair.

I nodded, motioning for him to continue.

"So, that's when my son, Daxton suggested that Jade could marry him and we could tell the world that we're extending not just our friendship but our business too. My lawyer said that this could work and Dax was totally up for it", he said as he shrugged.

I nodded as he spoke, him earning no reaction from me.

"And I was crazy enough to even say this aloud to you in front of our families. I don't even know what I was thinking", he said as he face palmed, making me roll my eyes.

Jake always panicked when he was nervous, and right now I could tell he was really nervous.

"I.. I'm really sorry, Sol. I should probably fire my lawyer and find a new one. And I should also tell Dax to keep his stupid thoughts to himself. I'm sorry I just-"

I interrupted him, "Can you shut up for a minute?".

He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Drink this", I said as I handed him the glass of water on his table.

He took the glass and sipped on it.

"I feel like I'm dealing with my kid and not an old billionaire", I said and he looked at me.

"I'm not old. I'm just fifty five", he rolled his eyes at me.

"Says the one who's acting like he's five", I said and he lightly chuckled.

"So", he said, taking a deep breath.

"Sol, I don't think this is a good idea. I can't do this to you and your girl. I wouldn't want that to happen to my daughter if she was mine", he said as he shrugged his shoulders, again.

"But, I don't know. I want to help you, I really want to. And this seems like the only option at hand. On a side note, I'd love to have your daughter be a part of our family", he said and he smiled.

I smiled too.

"So, is this deal still on or are you changing your mind about it?", I asked after about a minute of silence.

"Yes, of course it is", he said.

"So, it's a deal", I said as I extended my arm towards him.

"It's a deal", he smiled as he shook it.

"Alright then, I'll have my lawyers prepare the deal which says that since our kids are getting married we've decided to extend our business too", he said as he folded his hands on the table.

"Yeah, just don't fire that lawyer of yours", I joked and he laughed.

"He's lucky he got saved", he chuckled and I smiled.

"So, this is it", I said and he nodded.

"Yeah, why don't you'll come home for dinner this weekend and I'll have the papers ready by then?", he asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, sounds good".

"And, Sol?", he added.

"I think the reason why I thought I was crazy enough to talk to you about this deal is because I think my son really likes your daughter. I mean, he hasn't told me that as yet, but I can tell by the way he talks about her. I see him look really different when he's around her and I know whatever he feels is genuine because he's never talked to me about any girl before this", he continued as a smile made its way on my face.

"I just hope that Jade feels the same", he shrugged and I nodded.

"Yeah, I hope for the same", I replied.

_

A/N:

So this was more about the deal and how the dads feel about their kids getting married.

Even rich people have messed up lives lol.

Also, sorry for updating after ages. I was really busy watching the Cricket World Cup because I love cricket!

See you'll in the next chapter because I've updated two in a row!!

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️